cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printout issue in Smart form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

My ABAPer is having an issue in Printing Smatforms. He has created one Smartform for TC (Test Certificate) there he has mentioned some font style and its size. In Print preview it is coming as how he has mentioned in the smartform. when he takes printout from Dotmatrix(Epson) printer it does not come but it is coming when he takes it from Laserjet Printer.we want this TC to be printed in the Dotmatrix printer in such a way how he has mentioned.

He wanted me to check font families in se73.i think changes made in se73 will only affect script not Smartforms.how can i help him resolve this issue from Basis side

Thanks&Regards,

Siva

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

A Dotmatrix printer is a character based or a line based printer so while printing it will read the characters or the lines. A Laser printer is a Pixel Based Printer and can easily print graphics/boxes.

I dont think a SMART FORM can be printed correctly on the DOT MATRIX printer because any misplacings while reading a line can cause the form to go haywire!

No fix available in SAP notes.

Refer this 19807 - print problems with standard driver STN2. It states there should be no mixed fonts on the same line. No strange tabs etc..

Just make sure that you properly strip the margins out of the paragraph formats and keep the form proper in design.

In one line - nothing really which can be done from Basis.

Hope that helps!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepanshu,

Thank you for the information you have provided

Regards,

Siva