cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS Homepage URL Resource

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to configure a 'Direct URL' resource in the ESS WebDP homepage framework. My link appears but is not behaving like a hyperlink. Right clicking it just gives a 'javascript(null)' error. Clearly the URL address I have specified in the resource is not being read properly.

Has anyone done this successfully?

Thanks

Mr.T

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you see "javascript:void(0)", this is ok. The rendering framework "masks" URLs like this.

To see the real URL, have a look at the HTML source.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you created a service for the same... and assigned this resource to this service ?

After creating the service, we have to assign the service to a sub-area and finally the sub-area to an area.

Are all these steps done ?

regards

Bharathwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, the resource connects to a service/subarea/area. Do I need an entry in the 'URL PCD' section of the resource? What would this point to? For standard WebDP it would point to the WebDP 'wrapper' page...but what about for 'Direct URL'?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a webdynpro iview of the application.

View the properties of the iview. You will get a path.

like <b>"pcd:portal_content/Test/Testiview"</b>.

Replace "pcd:" with "Roles://".

Now the resource should work.

Regards

Bharathwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately it does not work......I'm not sure why it would either.....a Direct URL resource is hardly a WebDynpro application.

former_member182161
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having problems with creating a resource(that calls a URL such as www.sap.com ). What are the parameters or input we should give for this in Resource creation??

Thanks

Santhosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

santhosh,

Use LinktoURL and give the url address and label for the linktourl UI element.

/Raj.

former_member182161
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Where is LinktoURL in Resource definition screen?? Where exactly you are talking about?

Please can you be more clear on it?

Thanks

Santhosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

LinktoUrl is an UI element u get when u right click in rootelement container and choose insert child.

Is it clear?.

/Raj.

former_member182161
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Sorry for confusion. But here is what i am trying to do. In IMG goto Cross Application Components -> Home Page Framework -> Resources -> Define Resources and i dont have a clue on defining a URL resource(I didnt find it on help.sap.com also)I am using this resourse on one of the service.

Please tell me if you are talking about this or something else.

Thanks

Santhosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

No problem, i am talking about Web dynpro application and it navigation to Url, not the one you want.

/Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solution for this problem is when you are creating a Resource, Fill Window Name and URL .