cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

meRepMeta.xml & NWDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'd like to ask what is the easiest way to incorporate changes in SyncBO objects (e.g. some new fields, changes to the schema ==> new meRepMeta.xml file) to an existing client project in NWDS?

The only way I know about is to create a new project (SmartSync project) based on the new meRepMeta.xml file and then copy all files from the old project to a new one...

Thanks!

Regards,

Marek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kishorg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Marek,

there is noo need to create a new project with ur new meRepMeta.xml file. what u have to do is just replace the meRepMeta.xml file which is in your project folder .

thats all..

but in the case of an installed application (client application), it doesnt make any sense if u follow like this. bcoz during the installation of client application

in your device , actually what will happen is that , exact sync bo structure (what u have mapped in sync bo will be there in meRepMeta.xml file), meta data is formed in the client device. So it is not recommended if there is structure change.

Regards

Kishor Gopinathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishor,

thanks, it works!

I thought that it doesn't work, because I changed the meRepMeta.xml and only tested it on an already deployed app. What I actually needed to do was to reinstall the app in the MI client.

Again, thank you!

Regards,

Marek

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello marek,

just take note that when you made some changes in the

meRepMeta.xml like adding some fields and changing some

name in the fields, there might be a need to change your

application codes to reflect the changes. e.g. if you made

a change in one of the field name "FIELDONE" to "SPECIFICNM"

then you should use the new field name "SPECIFICNM" to

retrieve the corresponding field descriptor.

you have then to overwrite the meRepMeta.xml in your

WAR archive with the new XML file, and redeploy the

application to your MI client.

regards

jo

Answers (0)