Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ecc 6.0 Display Transactions with Create and Change Activities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are doing a Security Upgrade from 4.6c to ECC 6.0. We noticed that for many of the display Transactions (ME53N etc) for M_BANF_* objects the activities are provided by SAP as 01,02,03 instead of 03 only as this is just display only transaction. Can someone provide more information providing insight for the rationale behind providing create and change activities by default for the objects belonging to Display Transactions in ECC 6.0?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Junaid

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Junaid,

The transactions like MM03 or ME53n etc are inherently display transactions. Even if you assign activities change or create to the objects the user cannot use it for creating or changing. It will only check if the user has activity 03 in it.

It is similar to SU01D. Even if you assign 01 & 02 to S_USER_* objects it is not going to allow the user to create ot change users.

Former Member
0 Kudos

S_TCODE is just a name. The xx01, xx02, xx03 convention is just a rule of thumb and often the program behind it is exactly the same one just behaving differently (depending on the authority of the user).

SU01D will (as Subbu correctly stated) force a display mode regarless of the authority of the user, but only at first. If the user navigates further (in some other cases navigating back is also sufficient) then they can break out of that display mode or into another transaction / program context via the menus.

But S_TCODE is just a name. Do not rely on it (only) and do not expect it to be your best friend forever. It is like a pretty face in a crowd

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your inputs to my question. What I exactly was trying to understand is the reason SAP provided create and change options for activities by default for Display Transactions in Ecc 6.0.

It would be great if someone can throw some light on the same.

Regards,

Junaid.

0 Kudos

> What I exactly was trying to understand is the reason SAP provided create and change options for activities by default for Display Transactions in Ecc 6.0.

Because the transaction already had this capability, and if these are now also SU24 proposals then SAP possibly decided that it should also (by default) be the entry point via which the system should "propose" the ability to change.

It is just a name.

Cheers,

Julius

ps: If you don't like it or don't want it, then just change the proposals in SU24.

0 Kudos

As Julius has rightly pointed out many of these transactions have an option of navigating from the display mode to the change mode by the click of a button. The action will call the change transaction ME52N for eg . Then it will check for further authorizations as in this M_BANF_BSA acvt 01 & 02.

If the transaction can limit the authorizations by itself irrespective of the values entered in the ACTVT field then there is no harm in keeping the SU24 suggestions in teh roles as is the case with ME53N. Also, it saves your maintenance effort when you decide to add the change transaction to teh role as teh system will then not propose a second instance of teh authorization for the object M_BANF_BSA.