cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration key issue Heterogeneous system copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear support,

We are performing test migration activity from HP-UX /oracle platform to Windows / MSSQL2005 platform

also our SAP version is ECC 5.0

We have done this activity once successfully before and used migration key 1G5fdEM50TMIrBzjt6TE5Pae

from note 1120872 ,

now latest content of same note shows different key which is valid till DEC 31th as shown below

1G5fdEM50TIIrBzjt6TE5Pae

But when i am trying to use this key we are getting below mentioned error

The migration key for heterogeneous system copy is wrong.

Please let me know what could be the solution for this issue.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are looking to migrate from HP-Unix/Oracle to Linux/oracle. I think, we need to use the hetrogeneous system copy process.

Do we need to re-apply all the configuration? Anything need to be done for Z* program?

Coupld you pls suggest some documentation?

Thanks

Amar

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> We are looking to migrate from HP-Unix/Oracle to Linux/oracle. I think, we need to use the hetrogeneous system copy process.

Yes.

HP-UX is a BigEndian implemented operating system, Linux is LittleEndian.

> Do we need to re-apply all the configuration? Anything need to be done for Z* program?

You use R3load to export and import the database (which comes with a "free" reorganization ). Everything in the system will be copied. What you need to do manually is

- database installation and patching

- profile parameters

If it's not a Unicode system you may encounter a different sorting for certain languages.

To see how it could be done check my posting in thread

Markus

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ECC 5.0 is based on Kernel 6.40, that note is for Netweaver 7.00.

For 6.40 based systems with "old" licensekeys it´s necessary to generate the key online at

http://service.sap.com/migrationkey

Markus