cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost Element BAsed Cost Planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Request you shed some light on "Cost Element Based Cost Planning". I mean how it is done, what are the prerequisites for performing this, where it is generally used etc. I have gone through help files but i need some document or explanation that can explain the basic concept behind this.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Gokul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Gokul

Any kind of Cost planning will have to refer cost elements.

Depending on your project requirement, you can choose any of the cost plannings available in SAP, like ECP, Unit cost planning or N/w cost planning etc..

There are several settings that you have to maintain with respect to cost planning in IMG.

Cost elements, cost element groups will be maintained by your FICO guy. Speak with him before doing cost planning.

I hope you got some idea.

Best Regards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.its a wbs cost planning with cost elements...i mean manual costing

2. cost elements will be defined as per the requirement.

3. CJR2, is the transation u use to do so.

4. Define version, WBS for which u r doing costing, and period of allocation , its only annual based costing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

Thanks very much for your valuable inputs.

Best Regards,

Gokul

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Cost planning by cost element : If a cost planning references one or more cost elemetns, this type of planning is referred as a planning by cost elements.

Unit costing , Detailed planning, Easy cost planning, network costing are cost planning by cost element.

Cost planning By period : If a cost planning references the period of the projected cost to be incurred this type of cost planning is referred to as being period based planning.

Unit costing, detailed palnning , network costing are period based costing.

hierarchical cost planning is not period specific not by cost elements.

Regfer this link

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/4c/226d8d46e611d189470000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Regards

Nitin