MRP role in PS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Can any one plz explain me regarding.

Function of MRP?

How many scenarios will take part?

How it will work with PS ?

Configuration ?..........Process TCodes?

Regards

Chandra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor

Function of MRP?

If you allocate a material with the item category L and the corresponding settings in the material master to a network activity, the system generates a reservation for the material. A reservation is an internal document that defines the requirements of a material and reserves a specified quantity for the network activity.

As soon as the reservation is activated, the systems carries out an availability check for the material in the next MRP run. If there is not enough material in stock to meet the requirements, the system creates a planned order. Planned orders can be converted into production orders for the actual manufacture of the material component required or into purchase requisitions/orders.

If you use MRP, you still can decide whether to manufacture a required material internally or to buy it from an external vendor. However the decision will then be taken an MRP controller, who depending on your orgnization structure and the kind of material involved, may not be directly involved with your project.

Settings in material master

The principal field that determines how a material is procured is the Procurement type on the MRP 2 tab page in the standard system. You can specify:

In-house (internal) production (E)

External procurement (F)

No procurement (_)

Both procurement types (X)

Another field that is important for material components in projects is the Individual/collective requirements indicator (on the MRP 4 tab page). If individual requirements are not allowed here, that is the indicator is set to Collective requirements only, it is not possible to assign the material to project stock or sales order stock. Similarly if you specify Individual requirements only, it is not possible to assign the material to plant stock.

In order for a material to be planed by MRP, the MRP type field (MRP 1 tab page) has to be set to a value that results in MRP planning. It is essential that this field does not have the value ND (No planning)

For details please refer this link ( inthat down the line table is given which cover all the scenario )

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/44/706439d559793ce10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Regards

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Thanx for reply.

I need T codes.

I have rewarded points

Regards

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

MD02: Plant MRP

MD51: Project MRP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shrikath sir,

Thanx for reply.

I have rewarded points.

Can u pz tell me the function of these and diff(if its possible)

Regards

Chandra

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

MD51 - MRP Project

MD50 - MRP Sales Order

MD04 - Stock/Requirements List

MD05 - Individual Display

MD06 - Collective Display

MD09 - Pegged Requirements

MD4C - Order Report

CO46 Order Progress Report

Regards

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

No one is Sir in the forum, we are all consultants discussing SAP.

MD02 is plant level MRP for which input is material and plant. This MRP takes in consideration project requirements also. So if you are running this no need to run Project MRP separately. Generally this is scheduled to run at night time or non working time.

MD51 is project MRP, for which input is Project. So all the materials in project which are relevant for MRP are considered and planning is carried out. This is generally done for materials specific to project or in case you cant wait for plant MRP to run automatically and want to generate requirements initially.

MRP is too big a concept to discuss in forum. Suggest to talk with your PP consultant. In case of specific doubts, come back to forum.

Hope this helps.

Regards

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikant it's very kind of you. Nice explanation !

Being consultant we have to Enjoy SAP otherwise SAP will enjoy us. Along with Chandra, i will also implement it.

Regards

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx .......Srikanth.....and Nitin.

I will follow your guidance Srikanth.

I have rewarded points for both.

Regards

Chandra

Answers (0)