cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPOS for SNP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing problem in adopting characteristics automatically for SNP in MPOS when I check "SNP possible" in MPOS.

In message area, message is "Internal error adopting characteristic".

What to do avoid this kind of problem, if I copy from the Std MPOS "9ASNPBAS" I am able to create MPOS with out any error.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

do

Former Member
0 Kudos

SNP does not allow you to create your own aggregates.

Refer to

You cannot create aggregate objects yourself, as opposed to Demand Planning, where you can do this. If you create and activate your own master planning object structure (see step five below), SNP aggregates are generated automatically.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/EN/70/1b7539d6d1c93be10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for very detailed Information, Here I need to ask you a Question can we create these aggregates in SNP, I hope not because we will use std SAP delivered MPOS and Aggregates are created at this level, please correct me if I am wrong.

But when we create custom MPOS, while activating MPOS it will ask for "creating SNP Std planning level", is this level (Custom) and the SAP provided Aggregates are same?, In case If I create aggregate on my custom MPOS will all the Aggregates (SAP Std Aggregates like 9MALO etc..) will appear in my Planning area to assign Key figures?

And is there any link between Aggregates and Aggregated SNP planning?

Regards,

Sreerama,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreerama,

I am not getting why are you creating MPOS for SNP?

Second thing is that if you want to create MPOS & planning area for SNP then you should create planning area by copying standard planning area. This is the SAP best practice.

Hope this will help you

Regards

Sujay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for quick replay, is it bad practice to create new MPOS for SNP, If yes, why?

As you suggested, in every implementation we copy Planning area from Std Planning area which uses same MPOS of mother planning area.

And also please give some information regarding SNP Aggregates.

Sreerama.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreerama,

I am not saying creation of SNP MPOS is bad practice. But if you create a new MPOS then you can not copy new planning area from Standard SNP planning area, that is the main reason.

Aggregate in SNP:

SNP aggregates is used to restrict key figure & characteristics e.g. 9AMALO,9ALORE etc

9AMALO is for Product & Location. In 9AMALO you will find the key figures related to your products & Location only. So if you select product & location in selelction ID & you try to open for this selection ID for resource key figures say Available capacity etc then you will find the Error "Conflict identified between selection and key figures to be read".

Same for 9ALORE also, i mean in LORE you will find the charcteristics & keyfigures related to Resources.

selection id contains Product & Location Combination for 9AMALO aggregates & Data View contains key figure related to 9AMALO aggregates, e.g Forecast, Dependend demand, Safety Stock, Production(Planned),Production(Confirmed) etc.

for 9ALORE aggregates your selection ID contains Resource & Location combination & Data View contains Key figure related to Resource e.g Capacity consumption, Available capacity, Production (Planned) etc.

Hope this will help you.

Regards

Sujay