cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

busines service reg mail adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am working on scenario idoc(sender) to mail(reciever),sender idoc is aleaud,reciever is mail of format mailpackage, i am taking reciever as business service,when i am running the scenario the message is comming into xi,but it is not triggering mail adapter, in reciever mail adapter also i maintained all the parametrs, what could be the possible error, do i need to maintain the reciever mail as business system in sld or i can go ahead with business service. i am sending the mail to my company mail.

regards

raghu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

check RWB->Communication channel monitoring for your mail reciever adapter.

Regards,

Sreenivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting following error at reciever mail adapter side

Mail: error occured: com.sap.aii.af.mp.module.ModuleException: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: java.io.IOException: server does not support PLAIN or LOGIN authentication caused by: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: java.io.IOException: server does not support PLAIN or LOGIN authentication

I have used mail package

url has smtp://123.1.1.43

i tried another url also has smtp://companymail.com

though i tried both urls i getting same above error

here mail is reciever.

sender is file

pls suggest me.

regards

raghu

Edited by: raghu y on Dec 23, 2008 11:14 AM

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

try using url as http://123.1.1.43

Thanks!

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Check and confirm what is the SMTP address of your Mail server

2. From the error it seems the mail server is secure. So you might have to use the certificate and enable a SSL communication

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<Deleted>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I checked every thing ,still i am getting The same error.

Mail: error occured: com.sap.aii.af.mp.module.ModuleException: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: java.io.IOException: server does not support PLAIN or LOGIN authentication caused by: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: java.io.IOException: server does not support PLAIN or LOGIN authentication

regards

raghu

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If a certain security level is defined in the sending channel, only IS or Adapter Engine messages that are sent using an HTTP connection with at least this security level are accepted. If the security level is lower, the message is rejected with an HTTP error. It is also related with SSL.

Regards

Aashish Sinha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi aashish

Thank u for your immediate response,can u pls tell what steps should i follow to solve this issue.

regards

raghu

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As of NetWeaver04 (XI 3.0), SP15 or NetWeaver04s (XI 7.0) Support Package 06, it is possible to define a security level for certain HTTP-based XI inbounds. This is done in the directory in the corresponding sender channels.

The following HTTP-based adapters/inbounds are supported:

• Integration Server:

o XI protocol

o Plain HTTP adapter

• Adapter Engine:

o SOAP adapter

The following HTTP security levels are possible (in ascending order):

• HTTP without SSL

• HTTP with SSL (= HTTPS) without client authentication

• HTTP with SSL (= HTTPS) with client authentication

HTTPS configuration:

Note that for the HTTPS security levels with and without client authentication, you must configure the integration server (ABAP WebAS) or the adapter engine (J2EE WebAS) accordingly. This configuration basically affects the following aspects:

- Installing the SAP Cryptographic Library (both in ABAP and J2EE WebAS)

- Generating and maintaining certificates for the HTTPS server role

- Configuring and mapping the client certificates that are used onto the corresponding internal users (in client authentication). In J2EE WebAS, you must select the option "Request Client Certificate" on the tab "Runtime" and "Client Authentication" in visual admin in the dispatcher service "SSL Provider".

In this regard, see also the SAP Help Portal at http://help.sap.com/ -> Documentation -> SAP NetWeaver -> SAP NetWeaver 2004s (or SAP NetWeaver '04) under SAP NetWeaver Library -> Administrator's Guide -> SAP NetWeaver Security Guide -> Security Guides for NetWeaver according to Usage Types -> Security Guide for Usage Type PI -> SAP NetWeaver Process Integration Security Guide -> Network and Communication Security -> HTTP and SSL.

SOAP adapter configuration:

You still have to configure the SOAP adapter, particulary in visual admin. To do this, change the relevant SOAP adapter service sap.com/com.sap.aii.af.soapadapter*XISOAPAdapter in the security provider service (under -> Runtime-> Policy Configurations). Under the Authentication tab set the list of login modules as follows:

ClientCertLoginModule, SUFFICIENT

BasicPasswordLoginModule, SUFFICIENT

You do not need to enter anything specific into the Options column.

Regards

Aashish Sinha