cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overnight jobs failing due to system not forcing users inot Planning Area.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can you advice how to set locking logic, in situations where nightly background jobs are failing, which are not recognised until next morning, this is due to system not forcing users out of system when these jobs run.??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can lock out the users from the system. Take a look at this [post|]

You can always usoe SM04 to kick the users out of the system.

You can also set the parameter /SAPAPO/SDP94_D_MODE to I to make users default view read instead of edit in planning books.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Visu,

How can a job running on some ID at whatever time and system fail..with concurrent access in dialog by other users. Unless the background user is same as the dialog user. I mean the results may loose currency or may be incorrect but why would the job fail because of this.

Regards,

Loknath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Loknath,

Failing a job is primarily related to locking one or more of the things that the program is trying to change. Check the locks in SM12 for locks and that shows you what's locking you and causing the failure. Also the job log should tell you some thing.

"I mean the results may loose currency or may be incorrect but why would the job fail because of this."

This is not true.

If I am trying to delete an order using a program in a background job at the same time there is a planning run involving the order, then th job fails. I am not sure what you actually meant but it does not partially delete th order or only delete 50% of the qty. of the order as it is locked. It leads to problems..

Please let me know if I got your point right.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your feed back on my query, however as my support project was cut down due to funds issue I could not give solution to this as this is not a proprity issue .

Thanks onc eagain for the inputs.

Regards