cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc to File scenario - recv. msg type definition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Am developing interface for MATMAS msg type. Am new to XI.

Customer has not given the recv. file structure and it is to be defined from Sender idoc type.

Can some body guide me ohw can the recievver msg type defined by looking at the idoc type.

Regards,

Radha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radha

You can even use the IDOC metadata to generate receiver File.

Just do an interface mapping and use the same in ID and RA. Thats it. You can create the file similar to IDOC.

If you have the file structure given then import it as external definition and do the necessary steps for it.

These will help

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/xi/ale-idoc%252bconfiguration%252b-%252b(R3XIFile)

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e07dcaa0-a92b-2a10-3a96-b3d942bd...

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello gaurav,

my problem is in creating the data type for reciever. can you plz. provide more detials to understand the idoc metadata and create new DT for the reciever based on cardinality.

regards,

Radha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If itu2019s your customer flexible to handle IDOC u2013 XML message means.

Configure this way,

In IR > Message Mapping > Import source and target for same IDOC structure.

So you no need to create receiver Date type, Message Type and message Interface.

Regards,

Boopathi

Edited by: Boopathi Thangavel on Dec 23, 2008 7:11 AM

shivhare
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For same message type (PO IDOC ) not need to create data type. you create Message interface and then message mapping give same recv. message type

Regards,

Amit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Radha,

It basically depends upon which all fields you required in Target file structure. you can go for a simple file structure like this:

MT_MATMAS

-

>Material

-

> Details

-

>Material No.

-

>----

-

>---

-

>---

Or you can export the Idoc type and create an external defination from the same.

Regards,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

can you plz. send me any blog link, if an example present!

Regards,

Radha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should refer the links given above by one of the friend. Those links give you the step by step directions.

Now particular to using the receiver side Data Type. It dpends upon the receiver side file format that is expected.

1. If you need the similar IDOC structure with XML format on receiver side, then as most of above friends have mentioned, you can use the IDOC structure in mapping on target side. No need to create the Data Type.

2. BUT if you have file format and have to deal with few specific fields only from IDOC structure, then you need to create the Data Type as mentioned in the above given links. ([See page No 8 & 9|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e07dcaa0-a92b-2a10-3a96-b3d942bd1539] )

Create the Data type and follow the steps.

Thanks

Swarup

Edited by: Swarup Sawant on Dec 29, 2008 9:28 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Swarup,

Thanks for that!

I understood all setup, but just confused with mapping concepts! esp. from the idoc type to flat file conversion. was also searching for blogs for a detailed explanation of such kind of scenario, if you have any known links/blogs plz. send me.

Regards,

Radha