cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP XI Log or Trace files ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had developed custom applications involving different systems like IDES, R/3, File system and web services and BPM scenarios.

These systems are integrated with XI, and now I want to monitor the message exchanges between these systems.

I need all information (in form of txt or log trace file) containing

which systems involved. all Parameter, communication channels adapter, each message header, content of the messages etc.

I think SAP XI is best place to find that information but i do not know how?

Log files contain lot of information about user activities like transactions executed, messages exchanged between systems etc......I already tried to monitor the log files at XI level using activating user traces by transaction sm04 and sm51 etc.,

I also tried Monitoring facilities by SXMB_MONI, provided in Runtime workbench, as it is graphical based and information is divided into different sections but I need all information at one place (you can say that i need raw information)

I have the following questions.....

1) Will SAP XI be the right choice to monitor such information ? If yes, then where and how ?

2) Is there any combined log file in SAP XI which contain all log information about the connected systems etc.?

3) Where I can find the log files of SAP XI ?

4) How communication (message exchanges) between composite applications is monitored in SAP ?

Regards,

hussaan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hussaan,

>1) Will SAP XI be the right choice to monitor such information ? If yes, then where and how ?

Tcode - Sxmb_moni ( Set the Trace in Tcode - Sxmb_adm )

>2) Is there any combined log file in SAP XI which contain all log information about the connected >systems etc.?

TcTcode - Sxmb_moni Where you can find who is sender, Receiver, Name space, Message Interface

>3) Where I can find the log files of SAP XI ?

Tcode - Sxmb_moni

>4) How communication (message exchanges) between composite applications is monitored in SAP ?

SAP XI - Alert

Cheers

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for message, I wrote is my post that i already used sxmb_moni transaction.

I need trace file for all messages (contents of message, systems etc. ) collected in one file (e.g. if you do tracing using sm04, all steps are traced and can be saved as txt file)?

Regards

hussaan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Husssan

Check with RWB. SLG1 and visual admin logs. May be that can help for what you are looking into

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Thanks for the tip. Information about message contents etc. is not present in those logs (does not contain required details) and other thing is that you have to open each instance to read what is in it instead of at one place()

Any other idea?

regards

hussaan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hussan

I dont think there is a single dash board available for this with PI. You can create one if you require using ABAP.

SXMB_MONI is the one which carry content related details.

Although if you want to develop this is possible to fetch details from various tables for logs, content, interfaces. Now if you have mulitple databased also you can use DB link to use in a single report.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

thanks again, Do you know about those tables for those details. So i will fetch.. I think these information will be present somewhere in flat format (as RWB contains this information according to categories).....

So how i will know about that stuff of tables containing all such kind of information

regards

hussaan

Former Member

Answers (0)