cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import local DCs into Development Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

I have some local DCs already developed. From now I have available NWDI Development Configuration and I want to export those local DCs to the Remote Development configuration.

I'm trying to implement/configurate a team development enviroment.

I try sharing the DC project (DTR option into Webdynpro perspective) but when I import the shared content to a project in another Developer Studio, the DC metadata is lost.

Its possible to move my local DCs to the Remote Development Configuration? If so, how can I do that?

Regards.

--

Gregory.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go through this thread.

Regards

Gayathri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can follow the steps listed below to import a local DC on the track (assuming that you have setup the track and logged on to NWDI) :

1) In the Development Configurations Perspective -> Inactive DCs tab, right click on the configuration and create a new DC

2) Select the appropriate vendor and enter the name of the DC, select the Type as 'Web Dynpro' -> Next -> Finish

3) Once the DC is created, navigate to your local DC (where all the files are saved on your local machine) and copy all the files except the .project and the .dcdef files and paste them in the new DC created

4) Close and reopen the DC Rebuild the new DC and build and deploy it

5) You may sync the DC to sync the new DC with any used DCs on the track. Ensure that if there are dependencies between DCs, the DCs go on the track in that order. In case some of the used DCs are missing, you can add the standard DCs again

6) Once the deploy is successful, in the Web Dynpro Perpective, in the Navigator tab, right click on the DC -> DTR -> Add Subtree -> Continue. Uncheck 'Show Local-only folders and click OK. The files will be added to the activity

7) In the DC perspective, right click on the activity -> check in and activate it

You can follow these steps for the remaining DCs. This is a simple way of copying the local DCs to the DTR

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi ,

refer this link for migrating local dcs to a NWDI Track

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/42/c8204dd57f136fe10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm]

thanks and regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

Thx a lot for ur answers, they were very helpful.

But now when creating a DC into the track i have the following error:

"Development Component Creation completed with some problems

Reason:

Some used DCs are not available locally.

You have to sync used DCs for this project"

How can I sync all used DCs (especially the standard ones)?

Regards.

--

Gregory.

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

go to development Infrastructure perspective --right click on ur Dc --> Sync/create Project --> Sync used DCS .

Thanks and regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

It's because of Used Dc's are not in sync with your DC.

In Inactive DC's tab>righiclick on ur DC>sync Used DC's.

if your problem is not resolved

Try to check in all three standard sc's into Active DC's if they were not in Acive DC's

(SAP_BUILDT, SAP-JEE and SAP_JTECHS).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Fazal, Sowmya thx both for ur answers. Sorry about the delay.

I try what u say, but still having the problem. I note that the Development Configuration(Track) dont have the standard SAP components as the Local Development.

How can I solve that?

Regards.

--

Gregory

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

if you want to utilize standard SAP components into LocalDevelopment follow this thread.

https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=20543798&messageID=6731972

Regards

Sowmya.

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

try this.

1.right click on the Local Development track --> click on refresh .

2. right click on Local Developmnet track -->Resyncs Dcs.

Thanks and Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is that the standard SAP components are not available and I cant see them into the Development Confoguration (Track). I mean, the track does not has the Standard SAP Components.

Regards.

--

Gregory.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

First try to create track for Required Software components.

Check this link for Track Configuration.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/ab/6760b8d7b64b6eb74052eb5bdf1405/frameset.htm

Regards

Sowmya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Procedure for Migrating LocalDc's onto NWDI track.

1)create a new DC project,used to hold the contents of your LocalDC project.

2)copy all the contents from source folder.

3)paste these into your new DC project(source folder-->packages),add these files into DTR.

4)Assign an Activity for this.

5)Reload and Rebuild the Project.

check these links.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/9e/1c200ac164cf4a942f2dacdf3359e9/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Follow the below mentioned steps:

Creating a New Development Component

1. Create a new Web Dynpro DC project.

You create an empty u201Ccontaineru201D for a Web Dynpro DC that does not yet have any functions. The new DC should include all relevant development objects of the local project.

Do not check in the newly created DC into the DTR yet.

Copying Packages from the Local Project

2. In the Web Dynpro perspective, switch to the Navigator view.

3. Select the local Web Dynpro project to be migrated and expand the project structure down to the source folder: ® src ® packages.

4. Select all packages and from the context menu choose Copy.

Inserting Packages into the New DC Project

5. Now choose the DC project that was just created and expand the project structure in the Navigator view, again down to the source folder.

6. Select the Packages node and choose Paste.

The Add Files to DTR dialog box appears.

7. Choose OK to confirm your selection.

8. Assign an activity either by creating a new activity or by choosing an existing one.

Execute Reload

9. Switch to the Web Dynpro Explorer.

10. Select the project node of the DC project and choose Reload.

11. In the displayed dialog box, again choose Reload.

Reloadnow also reloads the Web Dynpro metadata into the new project.

Building the Project

12. Execute a local rebuild for the entire DC project. Choose the function Rebuild project.

13. If there are no errors in the task view, execute a DC-based build by choosing the function Development Component ® Build.

regards,

amit bagati

Former Member
0 Kudos