cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving a transport into a maintenance cycle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

I am doing some testing moving transports out of a maintenance cycle.

It appears that I can move a transport out of a maintenance cycle if it modifiable or released. What I am not able to do is move a transport into a maintenance cycle. It appears this might be a security (Role) thingy

The message I get is:

You cannot assign any requests to project

Message no. CTSPRJ043

Diagnosis

You want to create a request in project SB1_P00013, or assign an existing request to this project. However, you are not currently allowed to use this function for this project.

Anyone have any ideas

Regards

Don Newton

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

I understood you requirement as below,

There exist already created transport requests (independent of Change request management) in the system. Now you would like to transport those requests to target system.

If the above is the real requirement, then I am having solution for this. But it is 4.77MB SAP Tutor file.

Regards

Srinivasa Rao Sanapathi

India

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Day Srinivasa.

I am really trying to do 2 things.

1) In the current maintenance cycle there is work that was started (transport created through Change Request Management). It was requested that the work be completed in a future Maintenance cycle.

I want to (1) remove the transport from the current maintenance cycle and then (2) add the transport to a future (open) maintenance cycle.

2) There are transports that have been created outside Change Request Management and I want to move these into the current maintenance cycle.

Currently I am able to remove the transport from a maintenance cycle by using SE10, utilities, reorganize, u201Cdelete project assignmentu201D. What does not work is u201CAssign to a Projectu201D. When I try this I get the message u201Cyou can not assign any request to project SB1_P00015u201D.

I hope this gives you a better understanding of what I am trying to do.

As far as the SAP Tutor file, you could try to send it to me via the e-mail address that is on my profile.

Thanks again Srinivasa.

Regards

Don Newton

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don what was your solution?

raquel_pereiradacunha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Take a look at SAP Notes

Regards,