cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating Content, changing namespace

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'd like to move some PCD content (iViews, pages, roles) and some KM Content from one Portal installation to another. Is there some automated way/tool on which I can change the id/namespace of the respective content (e.g. from com.[first_customer].[projectname] to com.[second_customer].[project_name])?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

With my understanding, No. ID cannot be altered in copies or delta links.

- Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer. To put it in a simpler way: I just want to know how and if it is possible to rename/change the ID of an iView/workset whatever in Portal 6.0 SP2.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'd like to move some PCD content (iViews, pages, roles)>>>>>

You can use the standard transport mechanism for moving pcd objects. System Administration > Transport > Export

followed by import.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/5b/49b54061e78031e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

and some KM Content>>>>

You can use ICE to move KM content. There are several restrictions though.

Steps (to create ICE package):

Navigation: Content Management > KM Content > ICE > Syndicator > Global Offer.

Create New Links within folder ‘Global Offer’ for the content that needs to be added to package.

Select Link ‘Complete Package’ to download complete contents of the selected link targets.

Steps (to upload ICE package):

Role: User needs to have ContentManager role.

Navigation: Content Management> Content Exchange> Package Upload.

Browse and upload package.

Features and restrictions:

Repository content:

Entire repository cannot be transferred. Only its folder contents can be moved using ICE.

The repository name/path has to be identical (case sensitive too) on all tracks.

Target repositories, Indexes should already exist before the import operation and they have to be manually created.

Properties:

Property configurations cannot be moved using ICE. They can be Exported and Imported.

Custom Property values for documents are moved with documents.

Taxonomy:

Indexes cannot be transported.

Taxonomy and its categories can be exchanged. (to be confirmed)

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/4c/9d953fc405330ee10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Kumar