Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to give Display only authorization to Tcode - COGI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I want to restrict users to display only authorization for the Transaction Code "COGI". Please let me know the procedure to do this.

Regards,

Akshay

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akshay,

Goto tcode SU24, put transaction as COGI and execute the report. You will get the list of auth objects. Just check which auth objects are having proposed value "yes". Double click on these objects, all auth fields inside that object will be listed below.

If an auth field is activity, make sure to maintain "display" value for that field.

Thanks and regards,

Meghan Kambli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shail,

For the object CIM: Reworking error records from autom. goods movements C_AFFW_TWK

Leave the field AUTYP (Order category) balnk with no values. This will then provide only display authorization for the tcode COGI.

0 Kudos

Hi Iyer,

Below are values for the said auth object.

C_AFFW_TWK AUTYP 10

C_AFFW_TWK AUTYP 40

C_AFFW_TWK WERKS $WERKS

Here AUTYP have values 10 & 40. So Do I need to make 0 to 10& 40

0 Kudos

Leave the field blank with no values, I mean let the object be yellow. Just fill the plant field (WERKS). Generate the role as it is and see....

0 Kudos

Hi Iyer,

I have done as per you. Still I am not able to restrict to display only.

Is there any other way out for this.

0 Kudos

Try deactivating the object completely. By doing this the user is only able to display all the orders for all plants

Also, please let me know what are the activities the user is still able to perform. This may help me in finding the solution.

0 Kudos

Hi

Try to make an authorization Trace in ST01, it will tell you exactly what is checked. You can find a how-to guide for st01 [here|http://www.mhn-consulting.com/Security/st01.htm]

Regards

Morten Nielsen

0 Kudos

Hello Morten,

Right suggestion.

But, In this case C_AFFW_TWK is the only relevant object being checked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may use screen variant function to restrict display only.

1. se93 copy COGI to new tcode: ZCOGI.

2. run zcogi, tick "display mode" in bottom of the input screen. and save variant name as "ZCOGI_DISPLAY".

3. se93 change ZCOGI, fill "ZCOGI_DISPLAY" in start with variant. save

if user run ZCOGI, they will only have authority for display.

Regards

Henry

0 Kudos

> if user run ZCOGI, they will only have authority for display.

Don't be too sure about that...

Take a look in the menus of your ZCOGI transaction, as well as navigating back and forth a little bit to observe how the screens change...

Also, this is an ancient thread, and I doubt that the OP is still interested, or even knows that you have dug it up again.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.