Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager EHP 1

former_member235924
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

has anybody started looking into EHP1 for Solution Manager on iSeries?

I have started downloading the packages/DVDs, but I am wondering if I need the 7.01 Kernel. It seems that it is provided for all platforms except iSeries. And according to the OSS note for EHP1 I should use R3trans 7.01.

Thanks,

Ingrid

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have started downloading the packages/DVDs, but I am wondering if I need the 7.01 Kernel.

yes.

Read the upgrade guides Install first kernel 7.01, update tp and R3trans and then start the installation.

It seems that it is provided for all platforms except iSeries.

I can see under

Support Packages and Patches

--> SAP NetWeaver

--> SAP NETWEAVER

--> SAP EHP1 FOR SAP NETWEAVER 7.0

--> Entry by Component

--> Application Server ABAP

OS/400

#Database independent

SAPEXE_15-20004062.SAR

and

DB2/400

SAPEXEDB_15-10006319.SAR

Why do you think it´s not available?

See also note 1288694 - Required software for SAP Solution Manager EHP 1

Markus

former_member235924
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

thanks Markus. You are right, I should have read the update guide. And I shouldn't have given up so early searching for the kernel.

I had looked under the download installation/upgrade section where the DVDs for the 7.01 packages are located. I had looked under Download Support Packages section for Solman EHP1 and under the general kernel section. As I didn't want to install the Netweaver EHP1 I hadn't checked there.

Using MOPZ to download the SPS, no kernel was offered. Meanwhile I found that when using the old way and select SPS 18 in Sapnet, the kernel shows up.

Wouldn't it be nice to have everything available in one place? Kernel, packages, documentation and working links to OSS notes.

Again, thanks for your help and I should be all set for now.

Ingrid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I cant understand why the kernel upgrade is not included in the EHP1 upgrade set for the solution manager.

Its not easy to find the kernel cds because the silly structure of the swdc.

Where can I find the patches for the kernel 7.01 for the SolMan?

If I try to download the current kernel with the Support Package tool I get an error for a large number of objects when I will move the selected files into the download basket.

bye

Kay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kay,

I spend allmost a week searching for the 7.01 kernels.

And then suddenly this morning they re-appeared:

swdc

-> Installations and Upgrades

-> SAP Technology Components

-> SAP SOLUTION MANAGER

-> SAP SOLUTION MANAGER 7.0 EHP 1

-> SAP Kernel 7.01

-> SAP KERNEL 7.01 64-BIT

For the SM EPH1 files itself: I also get a large number of errors when putting them into my download basket.

So now I'm downloading the CD's themselves, it is very unclear which content is on which cd image. So far I've download 3 cd's and they do not even cover the abap #18 files.

The SM EHP1 CD 51034865 can be found at:

swdc

-> Installations and Upgrades

-> SAP Technology Components

-> SAP SOLUTION MANAGER

-> SAP SOLUTION MANAGER 7.0 EHP 1

-> Upgrade

Good luck,

Paul Hoogendoorn

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hello,

The limitation for applying Enhancement Package 1 to SAP Solution Manager 7.0 with IBM DB2 for i has been cancelled effective on 01/30/2009. It is possible now to apply this package as described.

In my last message on 01/12 I erroneously mentioned that "... it is possible to install and to upgrade to SAP Solution Manager 7.0 Enhancement Package 1...".

As of now the installation of and the Upgrade to SAP Solution Manager 7.0 Enhancement Package 1 are both generically not released.

I am very sorry if this was confusing you.

Best Regards,

Christian Hölters.

SAP on IBM i

SAP AG.

0 Kudos

Hello,

I am very sorry to tell you that applying Enhancement Package 1 to SAP Solution Manager 7.0 running with IBM DB2 for i ist not released as of now. It is released for most other platforms since late December, but due to problems we have encountered while using the SAP Kernel 7.01 within the process to apply the Enhancement Package it is not released for IBM i yet. We will release this limitation and inform you accordingly as soon as we have corrections in place.

However, it is possible to install and to upgrade to SAP Solution Manager 7.0 Enhancement Package 1.

I am very sorry I got notice of this thread so late, it might have saved some time for most of you.

Best Regards,

Christian Hölters.

SAP on IBM i

SAP AG.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Which process of applying the 7.01 SM ehp 1 stack is not supported yet:

JSPM/SAINT

or

SAPEHP ?

or both?

JSPM itself does work for me, I've updated allready two different SM installations. (only the java part for the moment)

And what about SAINT?

It needs the 7.01 kernel, which needs LODSAPKRN to load, which needs LODSAPKRN 7.0 patch #13 which is not available on sap service marketplace (only patch #11 is available)

But does it work, or does it have the installation errors you mentioned?

I could live for a while without SAPEHP, as long as SAINT works

Kind regards,

Paul Hoogendoorn

0 Kudos

Hello Paul,

currently, following strategies for new Enhancement Package installations are supported for SAP on IBM i:

EhP1 for SAP NetWeaver 7.0

Start with 7.00 kernel in the SAP system, use of SAP EHP Installer 7.00

EhP4 for SAP ERP 6.0

Start with 7.00 kernel in the SAP system, use of SAP EHP Installer 7.00

EhP1 for SAP Solution Manager 7.0

Start with 7.01 kernel in the SAP system (as preparation step, no productive use), use of SAINT/JSPM

Elder Enhancement Packages for SAP ERP 6.0 (EhP1-EhP3) will still be applied with SAINT and the 7.00 kernel has to be kept.

Productive use of 7.01 kernels in 7.00 based SAP systems (from point of view of application components like SAP_BASIS) is not supported by SAP at all since this kernel has not been certified as downward compatible kernel (DCK). And of course, once an EHP has been installed you may not run this SAP system with a 7.00 kernel anymore.

At the moment, there is some delay providing necessary 7.00 patches to enable installation of EhP1 for Solution Manager 7.0. This is a known issue and we are working hard on it. It is planned to provide a suitable solution end of January 2009. With release of the patches please have a look at SAP note 1284805 and follow its instuctions carefully.

Best regards,

René Lang

SAP on IBM i Development

Edited by: Rene Lang on Jan 14, 2009 12:01 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

to whom it might (still) concern:

I did a SolMan EHP 1 (=SolMan SPS 18) installation and like to share some of my experience here.

In general it was a pretty smooth process. I used SAINT/JSPM since this is the only way to go for SolMan EHP1. The biggest hurdle was to get a 7.01 kernel loaded. But this is fixed now with the latest LODSAPKRN patch for 7.00. With that, you can use the 7.00 LODSAPKRN to load a 7.01 Kernel. See SAP Note 1284805.

Then, if you intend to patch the 7.01 Kernel that you loaded: Be careful with the patches ILE and SAPJ2EE. There is a problem with those patches that will corrupt your kernel library. The patches have to be redelivered which has still to be done (within the next days).

You also need to add the igs binaries to the 7.01 kernel which can be done with APYR3FIX.

Now, download all the ABAP and Java components as DVD, as described in SAP note 1169247. If you follow the instructions in the note, SAINT and JSPM should run without issues.

Best regards

Christoph