cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about value mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

when designing a value mapping, where exactly are stored the data we entered ?

I heard also about value mapping replication, what is it about exaclty ?

Thanks a lot,

any help would be appreciated,

Regards,

Jamal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, I already went trough the document, but it doesnt tell where is stored the data when doing value mapping, and I dont really get the point of replication

Regards,

Jamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jamal,

You create a value mapping in ID and you create the entries for your value mapping in ID only. Look at page 6 of the document, it talks about how to add entries to the value mapping table.

Thanks,

Pooja Pandey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jamal,

If you have stored value mappings in external tables, you can replicate this data in the runtime cache (on the Integration Server). To do this, you can use special message interfaces (value-mapping replication interfaces) that allow you to implement both synchronous and asynchronous replication scenarios.

These two documents will give you more details on value mapping replications :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/13/ba20dd7beb14438bc7b04b5b6ca300/frameset.htm

Thanks,

Pooja Pandey

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

but it doesnt tell where is stored the data when doing value mapping,

It is stored at the Java runtime cache. You may check its presence in RWB -> Cache Monitoring -> Select Value mapping.

Value mapping replication could be used to import say large amount of values through some external file like excel. Search on sdn with "value mapping replication" and you will get details.

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jamal,

Have a look at this link : [How to Perform Value Mapping u2013 A Walkthrough|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/00ee347e-aabb-2a10-b298-d15a1ebf43c5]

The document has described the steps to create a value mapping in ID and it has also covered the Value Mapping replication topic.

Thanks,

Pooja Pandey