cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting access to the Documentation for Solution Manager Content

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've been trying to find how I could reach the help files reg. Documentation for Solution Manager Content. I found a help document "SAP for Consumer Products: Documentation for Solution Manager Content " by coincidence (see http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm50/helpdata/en/86/645641998e051de10000000a155106/frameset.htm).

How can I reach this documentation via the SAP Help portal menues? I tried via CRM, ERP, and Solution Manager, but could not find the original list from which you reach the link above...

Thanks in advance

ChrisN

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi,

It is correct that SOLAR_LIBRARY is for SAP internal use only. As a customer you set up a project in the SAP Solution Manager, choose the Business Scenario and then you get all proposed configuration tasks and can create you project-specific configuration guide. For more information how to do so please check these links:

SAP Solution Manager in general:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm40/helpdata/en/45/51fbdbd4941803e10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

SAP Solution Manger - select content for configuration

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm40/helpdata/en/45/da3560e27b4a88e10000000a155369/frameset.htm

best regards

Carsten

0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I think there's little chance to get what you want. But maybe I can explain it a little... If I didn't miss something, the following applies:

SAP's attitude to Solution Manager Content (SMC) is to say that all the stuff that can be accessed in the SM makes up the entirety of what is offered to set up a system such that a particular business scenario is supported. For this purpose, many different types of content are put together here: Besides docu from SAP Library, there's release notes, transactions, IMG activities, external links, documents of all kinds hosted on SAP Service Marketplace etc.

The SM itself serves as the single point of entry for all this stuff. There's no other recommended access path for the content besides that. And this is where I finally come to an answer to your question: While the SMC fraction that comes from SAP Library is actually physically hosted on the SAP Help Portal servers, there is no navigation path to this content on the Help Portal itself. Otherwise, chances would be that people navigate via this path, see what's there - and are unsatisfied because a lot would seem to be missing although in fact there's far more content than is hosted in the Help Portal. The only way to see everything what's there is to log on to a system and start transaction SOLAR_LIBRARY.

Regards, Claus

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried using the transaction SOLAR_LIBRARY but I got an error saying "function for SAP internal use only". Is there another transaction that isn´t for SAP internal use?

Bjorn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bjorn,

Did you rectify this error? Iam facing the same error. If you have rectified please guide.

Regards

Shridhar