cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

regarding business system

Former Member
0 Kudos

i need to create one business system to interface with "X" software,

the provider of "X" s/w asked us to define a unused business system particularly for this "X" s/w,

but already a business system is defined in SLD for other interfaces,the presently existing business s/m is named as sap_xyz,and the name of "X" software provider business system is ABC_DEF,now according to my earlier question i come to know that we can't create more than one business s/m in one client, now what should i do?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you elaborate question with exact details..

As i understood ..

1) You can create Any number of Business systems can be created,

But only one technical system will there for one Client.

2) you can go with Business Service also..

If you can able to tell that 3rd party sys type , it will be easy to guide you.

Regards,

Ramesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

my software is meridium, they provided a business s/m name for interfacing with XI as Meridium_APM, now while creating tht business s/m it is throeing error saying tht already a business system existed with different name,now kindly tell me what should i do?

i asked about this issue to my s/w provider ,they are saying that we have to create one more unused business system specially for this s/w.

now tell wt shud i do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am confused ,

If you are registering one system ( software ),why it is giving error,It should not.

There is no relation between R/3 sys and your Software.

You might overlaping R/3 technical sys Assigning,Pls check.

How ( Type ) are you creating Technical Sys for your Software.

regards,

Ramesh.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Simply try to create a technical and business system of type Third Party and then you may proceed with the scenarion configuration.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) You need to create a new technical system and then create a business system using different version while creating.

Edited by: Sainath Chutke on Dec 22, 2008 2:20 PM

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use Business Service instead of Business System, As you can't create the Business S/m with same parameters.

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

kindly let me know , already a business system is existing,i come to know that only one business system for one client,according to you there is no need of creating business system and instead of that we can create business service,means no need of business system which is provided by "X" s/w provider

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thats why I have asked you,

What type of other sys is?

regards,

Ramesh.

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In case you are connecting to R/3 system then you need to have Business System.

But for one client you can't have more than one business system.

check this

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just one more hint: do not create a business service which has the same name as an existing business system. It is technically possible, but leads to problems when transporting those objects, because XI gets confused then (it simply will not map the source business system to the transport target business system). At least until SP 21 XI 3.0. According to SAP, that bug will be fixed in SP 22 if I remember correctly, we had an OSS call because of that issue.

CSY