cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commitment Items in Cost Centre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is commitment Item in Cost Centre. We requirement to show some commitment items in cost centre.

So kindly provide what the steps need to do for posting some commitment items into cost centre.

Regards,

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkat Reddy,

this is comming from FI at the time of posting, if the Found Management is Active.

Regards

radha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radha,

I too hv idea its from FI. FM area Active. At what point of time Commitment Item will post into cost Centre? What are the things need to do for that?

Regards,

Venkat

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are mixing terms here. Commitment item is FM entity and cost centre is CO entity. They are not linked, and no interaction occurs between them. Commitment items are not 'posting' to cost centres. The cost carrier in CO is cost element.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

I will elobarate my requirement. I am trying to display line item in cost Centre those are

01. KSB1-- Actual Line Items

02. KSB2-- Commitment Line items ( Budget Values)

Now i need to post commitment line items to cost centre to test KSB2 process. So guide me the process what is the process to do the same.

Regards,

Venkat

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Commitments in CO are posted by logistic documents, such as PR or PO or by earmarked funds. Before that, make sure that the commitment management is activated in the controlling area OKKP at least. If you use internal orders, it should be switched also on internal order type level.

Regards,

Eli

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Also make sure that your commitments are not being locked on your Cost Center.

These settings are inherited from your cost center category.

OKKP: Activate Commitment Management

KS02: Make sure commitments are not locked.

When a purchase order is prepared with account assignment COST CENTER, a commitment will get creaeted (In business terms, the company is committed to the outside party to purchase at least this much amount in the future). When the goods are being received from the outside party, to that extent the commitment gets reduced and will be posted to the actual.

Thanks,

Ravi