cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically add line-items to Sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Our client needs us to add line items to sales orders. The requirement is such that, when the users enter a material on a line item, they wish to see few more materials automatically added as new line items -- item category to be maintained as "Free" items. This appears similar to automatically getting BOM-sub-items for materials which have BOMs maintained. The client is not willing to maintain BOMs for materials in question. They instead have asked us to maintain sub-item materials in a Z-table and then fetch those to populate the subsequent line-items on the sales order.

So far, we have tried to fiddle around with the XVBAK and XVBAP internal tables in sales exit (MV45AFZZ) and also tried to use BAPI within the same exit. Both methods do not work.

Could you please guide us ? Thank you.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you can try with product proposal(Item Proposal). T.Code:VA51.

Using this one can create list of items to be proposed at the time sales order processing.

Item proposal contains list of items with or without default quantities those were frequently ordered by the customer. You can create any no of items in an Item proposal.Like wise you can create any no.of item proposals.

But,You can assign only one item proposal per customer in sales tab of the CMR.So that when ever you are creating order for that customer you can access those materials which are listed in an Item proposal completely or selectively,with or without default quantities.

The items which are proposed from an Item proposal are always changeable.

Item proposal makes sales order processing simple and fast.

Only the thing here is it will not automatically explode like in case of BOM.You have to manually select those items from an item proposal.

Regards,

Revan

Edited by: REVAN on Dec 23, 2008 10:55 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SRK ,

Please tell me when there is standard Solution of the Process for your Transaction through BOM.

BOM Item Category Group ERLA : TAQ

TAE : Explanation Free:

Why unnecessary maintain the things complicatedly.

If they have to maintain a ZTABLE entry .

They can easily Update the BOMS through SECATT or LSMW or BDC.

As I am telling you I had the same problem in my company but finally I ennedup convincing them about the standard process.

If this does not work at all...I hope that other Elite Members Will definitely Help you

Edited by: SAP Consultant on Dec 22, 2008 4:45 PM