cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

the question: can you tell me whether the SM is certificated by ITIL - I mean the Support Desk part ?

Many thanks in advance for your responses.

BR

Jan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi jan

in Solution Manager the change reqquest management is certified by ITIL there is documentation which will help u to clear ur doubts

regards

Janak Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

For your information, for tools used in the IT infrastructure, there is no such thing as 'ITIL certified' or 'ITIL compliant'.

The Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) is a set of best practices, a framework which is used as a starting point to manage IT Services.

Service Management tools (whether it's Solution Manager by SAP, Peregrine by HP, or Remedy or whatever) are used to support the ITIL processes being followed in the management of IT Services in a given organization.

However, there are some organizations (Pink Elephant or Gartner for example) which will take a service management tool and assess it as to if it SUPPORTS the IT Infrastructure Library's best practice framework. They will typically give the tool their own 'stamp of approval' (see Gartner Magic Quadrant, or Pink Elephant Pink Verify) to say in THEIR OPINION it supports the ITIL FRAMEWORK.

I hope this helps clear things up, this is a very common misconception in the IT world.

Chris Sheridan

ITIL Service Manager