Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creation of New Division

mvr_police
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi to all

I am creating new Division, what are the impacts by creating a new division will take place, and all sales reports are Division based, for example sales org 1111, dis cha 40, Divin XX, the actual business process

manufacturing of packaging boxes, and i would like to what exactly the impact is going to be, as i am creating the division under the exisiting company code, and the requirement of this new division is for new plant,

thanks and regards

Edited by: Mani's on Dec 22, 2008 11:16 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

mvr_police
Participant
0 Kudos

thank u

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It doestnt effect the Existing Business process....but the impact on Master data.....like Customer ,price master if you have any, Customer Hierarchy also.....

You need to Extend Existing Customer to New Division.....and based on you r requirmnet if yo uhave any Price condition records on Division wise...you need to maintain.

Regards

raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Adding a new division means adding sales areas in the structure. The relevent master datas needs to be extended to the new sales areas. The reports which is running with divisions need to be ameded with new division. The enterprise structure assignments needs to be done.... etc.

Prase

mvr_police
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Prasanth

thank u for reply

The reoprts are generated through Division, we are creating a new plant, for which the division is required, i want to know including the master data extension and Excise Invoice part,

Configuration steps by Step,

How to find the division wise master data, for extension purpose ,

thanks and regards

Edited by: Mani's on Dec 22, 2008 12:07 PM

Edited by: Mani's on Dec 22, 2008 12:16 PM

Edited by: Mani's on Dec 22, 2008 12:18 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The customer master needs to be extended, if the existing customer want to buy from the new sales area. If division specific material masters are there, then you will need to maintain the new division to the material master.

Not sure about the excise invoice part.

Prase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If it is a new business process then u can go for a division. Where as if its existing business and a new plant has been created then exxtend all the materials to this plant and also assign to sales org and DC.

Creation of a division only increases sales area and extension of all masrter data etc.

regards