cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Composer in a production landscape

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sirs,

I have a question about using VC in a production landscape, and how the development process is done. I am in a system landscape where we have three portals (dev, QA, prod) connnected to three different ECC systems (dev, QA, prod).

As far I have understood, you have to develop and deploy the iview in visual composer directly on the portal connected to the system you are developing to. In my case I must connect to the production portal, and fetch BABI from the production portal and then deploy it into the production portal. This requires the user who want to develop VC iviews must have access to the production portal, and backend permission. This is not the case.

Or is it possible to do the development in DEV environment and then transport the iview from dev -> QA -> production.

The reason I am asking, is because there is no way we will we able to use VC if we have to do development directly on the production. How do other people use VC in a production environment?

Best regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Indeed, as pointed out, you can do all your development in a DEV environment and then copy the created content (iViews) to other environments (QA, Production, etc.).

In fact, from a general process point of view, this is the preferred way of doing things.

The content can be transported using regular EP transport mechanisms. You have to make sure that on the target environment you have the same systems defined (same system aliases), otherwise backend connectivity will be broken.

- Lior

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lior and Eric,

thanks for your helpfull replies. The answers have been very helpfull. However one question remains.

In order for me to create an iview in VC I need to have the authorization to fetch the babi from the backend systems. Is this authorization required for the end users as well?

I have the same system alias in the whole production line so this should not represent any problems.

Message was edited by: Jørgen Ruud

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is true for any content you create and not specific to VC - any user who's using the application has to have permissions to access the backend system.

This is usually part of the system definition process: either providing user and passsword (user mapping) or using SSO to authenticate.

VC applications (at least currently released versions) use the system landscape as defined in the portal.

- Lior

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You would connect your VC server to your development server and then you can transport the iviews that the VC server creates in your dev server just like any other iview you would create.