Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send mail(contants user id & psw) automatic after user id was create

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I would like to find out the method relate to below request

After the user id was created via t-code SU01, and then the SAP system send the user ID & PSW to the user by email automatic (Base on e-mail address on the tab of "User DATA").

How to do it? Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may have to develop a custom program, I doubt if SAP has any standard funtionality to achieve this requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could any body to provide the resolution?

0 Kudos

This forum (and all the other ones on scn) is filled by volunteers. This means you are not entitled to an answer and it can happen (for various reasons) that a question remains unanswered. It is also against forum rules to ask for answers. Please be patient.

Since the one answer that was given points to a custom program you'll need to talk to a programmer. I do not think the code will appear here for free.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The SAP IdM might actually be able to do that out of the box. But you would need to buy the IdM first

For SU01 you would need to find the exit for the event "SAVE" and add your own code to the function module. So you would need an ABAPer to write the code for you, and also ensure that the mail is only sent when the user is infact created. What you might also want to consider is generating a valid passwords for the user being created automtically and sent in a seperate mail.

But there are also some other factors such as your release level which play a role (I heard that the exits have been replaced by BAdi's in a future release.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi,

I would suggest to use Mail merge option in windows word. You just need to pull in the SAP ID, Email and User names from the USR02, USER_ADDR and ADR6 table and create a list in excel.

After that via mail merge option you can send out the mails using your outlook for as many users you want to in your custom Mail format.

The good part is you will get to know which all users have not received there mail and were OOO and u can keep a track of it.

Hope it helps..

Cheers!!!

Yogesh