cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Web Service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Has anyone tried to incorporate external web service into their Web Dynpro Appn?

If yes, i have the foll queries:

1) While giving URL location for WSDL file (via UDDI/URL), i always get an error. But once i save that WSDL file on my local system and give that location in Local File System while creating a model, it works fine. Any reasons why?

2) I raised this issue yesterday as well. I am getting Proxy Auth Error (407) when i try to run execute() method.

While via normal IE window, when i enter that web service URL it works fine and desired output is obtained.

But via Web Dynpro i am unable to achieve the same

All the settings have been done properly in Logical ports/Security. Are there some settings to be done on WAS/J2EE server level to achieve the same?

Please provide me with valuable inputs.

Regards,

Dev

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Devashish,

1. Try to swithc off proxy in IDE via menu Window / Preferences.

2. You have to set same settings for SAP WebAS as your IE on this host uses via Viasual Administrator.

Sometimes this problems leads from user permissions (user who's account is used start WebAS, see Windows Services).

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi valaery,

Thanks for tht useful info.

I have already tried disabling my proxy at my IE level.

Wrt Visual Admin, i am new, so a few steps can guide me to the exact location.

Regards,

Dev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dev,

For viewing all ur information regarding the web services in Visual Admin.

1)Log on to visual Admin(For loggin on<Ur Local Drive:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\j2ee\admin\go.bat>).With this u can login inside ur visual admin.

2)Expand <b>server</b> in ur cluster-->web service container.

3)In the webservices tab --> Runtime u can view ur list webservices available in ur server.

4)settings tab u can all ur proxy settings also the proxy user and proxy password in it.

5) with the UDDI client u can find the list of registries available for u.

6) UDDI server, here u can create new users for the uddi client to access the webservice and publish it.

hope this helps,

Regards,

Nagarajan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) I think it is not able to connect to the URL that u specified in UDDI, might be some problem with URL or net conncetion.

2) The WS that u r trying to access requires authentication i guess. u have to set user name and password. when u create the object before executing it, that object will have a method setUsername(); and setPass();.

regards,

Piyush.