cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

redirect sales deduction to Revenue account

Former Member
0 Kudos

During billing document and while using rebates I see that the revenue account has the entire amount and the discount is directed to another account.

Is it possible to direct the revenue account and the sales deduction to the same account, in this case that the discount goes directly to the revenue account.

So that I don´t have the discount in a different account an I can input the discount directly ?

Kind Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear David,

It is not a standard practive to post Revenue & Duscounts to same GL Account.

Anyways, if you you want to fulfill your requirement follow this:

There would be different Account Keys assigned to Sales & Discounts in Pricing Procedure (say ERS or ERL).

Now all you need to do is that make the Account Keys of the Revenue & Discount figues same (say ERS).

Now go to VKOA & check the whether Sales GL account is assigned against the said Account Key.

The above would make sure that your discounts get posted in Sales GL account.

Hope this helps...

Give points if useful...

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Mumbai

98700 10230

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

The question also is because when I add a discount the sales revenue should decrease since I´m applying a discount.

So I suppose that at the end the Amount charged to the customer and the sales revenue should be the same.

Is there a condition type that can apply the disccount without dividing in two accounts, if it´s so bad to do that which could be the consequence ?

2000000260 CUSTOMER 12938.32

4000010100 SALES -6771.87

2190040000 OTHER -6572.76

4000500100 DEDUCTIONS 406.31

I want that SALES = -6365.56 (-6771.87 + 406.31)

Kind Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

At the time of billing document system will throw reveneue accounta and sales deductions to Accounting document based on the account keys which you have assigned in the pricing procedure.For each account we have separate account keys.for example revenue accounts, ERS,deductins,ERL and these accounts will assigned to respective G/L accounts.if you maintain same account keys both for base price and deductions it will throw to revenue accounts,but this is not correct.

Regards,

Hari Challa.