SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can somebody explain how dunning & hold are linked toghter

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the IMG, i can not find out How dunning are linked with academic hold in the student file and can somebody explain how dunning is linked with academic hold.

I defined hold type in IMG but i can not find out how to link with hold type with dunnng ?.

regards,

jin dal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jindal,

Sorry i forgot to add one more thing..You can use function module CMAC_EVENT_0020_HOLD_REMOVE for event 20. The event 20 is triggered when student make the payment and dunning clearing happens. That event you can use to remove the financial holds that were already set. The function module also calls the hold manager BAdI and you should have an implementation for that with filter AC11.

Kind regards,

Ajeesh

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

former_member182585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Song,

Could you explain bit more such as why do you want to use hold with dunning etc.

Regards

Vinod Kumar

0 Kudos

Hi Jindal,

Dunning can be used to set/remove financial holds. There are certain events provided by FI-CA to enable this. There are three main events that we use for set/remove financial holds. Event 0350 for setting holds, event 0395 for removing financial holds, event 20 during dunning clearance.

You can find all these events in transaction 'FQEVENTS'. Execute this transaction and for each event you can specify which function module to be called during the event trigger.

SAP provide function module CMAC_EVENT_0350_HOLD_SET for setting financial holds. Put this function module for event 350.

Also you may use function mdoule CMAC_EVENT_0395_HOLD_CANCEL to cancel the financial hold.

Both the function modules call the hold manager to set/remove the holds. Here you have a BAdI HRPIQ00_SET_STATIND and method SET_STATIND. You need to implement this method where you define which is the hold type that you need to set or remove. The BAdI is a filter dependant BAdI. To set the hold, you need to have an implementation with filter AC10 and for removing the financial hold, you need to have an implementation for filter AC11. You may also have a look at the above function module documentation and BAdI documentation for details. Also please get in touch with me if you have further questions.

Kind regards,

Ajeesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jindal,

Sorry i forgot to add one more thing..You can use function module CMAC_EVENT_0020_HOLD_REMOVE for event 20. The event 20 is triggered when student make the payment and dunning clearing happens. That event you can use to remove the financial holds that were already set. The function module also calls the hold manager BAdI and you should have an implementation for that with filter AC11.

Kind regards,

Ajeesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ajeesh,

Thanks for your help and please let me ask you some more question.

when i see function module using T-code FQEVENTS for event type i can see FKK_SAMPLE_0350 but you recommend me CMAC_EVENT_0350_HOLD_SET.

so i want to know what is correct one and i also want to know how to lick hold type and dunning activity.

I am looking at SAP IDES system and is there anything that i can see that running very well.

In the T-code FQEVENTS

we have three function

1) Sample function module

2) standard function module

3) installation-specific function module and what is difference ?

If i only want to create hold i have to use event 350 or 351 ( if i am not want to create correspondence)

regards,

jin dal

0 Kudos

Hi Jindal,

The function module FKK_SAMPLE_0350 is a sample code from FICA. But the function module CMAC_EVENT_0350_HOLD_SET is provided for SLcM customers to set financial holds during dunning. So you must use that.

As i have written in my previous reply, you must implement the BAdI to link the hold type to the dunning activity. During dunning the BAdI will be called and you can specify which all hold types that you need to set for those students who were undergoing dunning.

In FQEVENTS you can specify the functions modules as standard or installation specific but only those function modules which are active only will be called.

As i wrote in my earlier reply, please use event 350 for setting holds. Use 395 for removing the hold.

Kind regards,

Ajeesh

0 Kudos

Dear Song,

Answers to your queries are given below:

Sample function module:

u2022 Is only used as a template for creating the standard function modules to be carried out

u2022 Defines the interface that is binding for the standard function modules

u2022 Describes in its documentation what the underlying event can be used for

Standard function module:

Name of application-specific standard function module that can be carried out at a given time.

The standard function module interface corresponds to the sample function module, which it must match exactly.

Active function module:

Function module which is to be called for the specified event.

If you don't want to take printout then use Functional module 340 as Event 0340 is called when all data is read for a dunning notice.

You can use standard function module FMCA_DUNNING_READ_ITEMS_0340 for this purpose.

Hope it will solve your query.

Warm Regards

Vinod Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ajeesh,

In our system dunning create hold and i appreciate your help.

regards,

jin dal