cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ship to Party Other than in Customer Master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I want to control that only the ship to party assigned in the customer master will be derived in the sales order and user will not be able to enter another ship to party even before entering the sold to party. In standard system there is a control from which you can restrict this once default ship to party has been derived user cant change the ship to party. But if a user during data entry without pressing the enter manually enters the ship to party, system accepts that ship to party even though its not defined in the customer master

Kindly help me on this

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can set Uniqueness and along with it you should keep non modifiable. even here before pressing enter it will allow you to enter different ship to party. so in standard there is no chance of making it i think

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Though you are allowed to change the ship to party manually in the sales order, if that particular ship to party is not included in the Customer Master Reocord of that Sold to party, then system will throw an error message. You cannot create sales order with a ship to party which is not in the list of Sold to party CMR - Partners tab.

System will not throw the error when the SH is entered, but will throw the error when you click enter or when you save the order.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can achieve this by restricting the authorization for that particular user. You can take help of your BASIS consultant to find out the relative object of Partner modification.

The other way is using screen variant or transaction variant, Transaction code SHD0.

Functional consultant can create this variant and assign it in sales document.

In this you can set required fields at DISPLAY mode only.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Savita Swami

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

There is one way to control this

In img-sd-basic fns-partner determination-setup partner determination

In this setup partner determination for CMR

There the the fouth img activity that is partner functions on the left dialogue box

If you double click that and choose SH partner function there is a UNIQUE check box

If you tick that you will be able to create only one SH in that accout group

So the manual additional entries is not possible in CMR itself

So there wont be any problems in sales orders

Once again ABAPer

This will 100 % suit your requirement

tick this unique check box

Try this and post back

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramanathan,

Thanks for ur reply. But the solution you proposed is not working and I can still enter a ship to party which is not defined for the specifc sold to party. Is there anyway I can control this through Functional End.

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello ABAPer

First of all i am not clear of your requirement

Partner functions whatever you have defined in CMR will flow into sales order unless and until you have different partner determination procedure at sales doc header level

Without defining at sales header and item level you cant add just like that in sales order

Make sure it is defined at CMR only

By ticking the unique check box system will allow you to create the partner function only once

I have checked that

This is for only new CMRs and i dont think that it will apply for Already created CMRs

The checking what you have done is after ticking the unique check box you would have tried it out in the existing setup

I request you to create a new CMR now with SH unique ticked and see and reply back

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raja,

I resolved the problem by creating a screent variant and making the Ship to party field as dislay only.Problem is this that system is allowing a ship to party which is not being as alternate ship to party for the sold to party i.e i can manually change the default derived ship to party against a sold to party. The unique check u said to is going to control that only one ship to party will be assigned but in my case there can be multiples but only the defined multiples can be entered . While we are able to select a ship to party which is defined as alternate for the SP.

I hope now u have understood what I m asking.If u think there is another way other that Variant option do let me know.Thanks for ur help

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the Program MV45AFZB write the code in the user exit USEREXIT_CHECK_VBAK, so that if the ship to party entred in the sales order is not assigned to the Sold to party Master Data , then system should issue a hard error.

Regards

Sai

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear ABAPer,

Sorry If understood properly,

I don't think you requirement is meaning full,

With out enter the Sold to party how can the system will consider the specific ship to party need to be enter in the sales order.Thre no base to control like that.

Any ship to party system should accept if you didn't enter the sold to party.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Edited by: Murali Mohan.Tallapaneni on Dec 22, 2008 8:09 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Murali,

I think my question is very logical and if you go through it again. I am asking that system should only allow the ship to party which is assigned to the sold to party in the customer. No ship to party other than assigned in customer master will be allowed in Sales doc entry screen.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Abaper,

You can grey out the Ship-to-party feild in Sales Order so that nobody can enter manually anything in that feild.

This can be done thru create Transaction / Screen variant thru T-code SHD0. Create the Transaction Vairant & assign it to your document type in VOV8.

Hope this solves your problem.

Give points if useful.. .

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta