cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking Sales Packing Proposal to Production Orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I want to know if anyone has tried to use the packing proposal created in a Sales Order (VA01), to craete production orders. In this scenario, the HU numbers in the sale packing proposal will drive the creation of production orders, rather than the sales order number.

In this scenario, the packages (HU packing #) is the unit of tracking through the logistic chain, rather than the sales order #.

If no one has done this before, does anyone have any suggestions.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christian_wohlfahrt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jayesh!

I have once worked for an implementation, were the production (order) was identified by an internal unique number ('like today in the old system').

So we created this number and put them somehow in every document from sales order, production order, deliveries up to invoice.

The nearer we got to going live, the clearer it got: this number might be good in current system, but in SAP it's nearly worthless. All the time additional search helps where necessary, the runtime was poor, just trouble. So customer added step by step SAP's key numbers to printouts, because then an easy access was possible.

There is no document flow for a HU, but for a sales order - if you use SAP, then you will anyway track the sales order.

I guess, this has to be a learning process for you (and even more for your customer), too. So before you have a prototype and can show a process, I don't expect full understanding on your customers site, but you should try.

It's something about leading - in SAP sales order is leading, but physically the HU is handled in the production. Still production is just fullfilling the sales order demand.

It's maybe a question, how close production will be connected to SAP.

If it's just an external system, in goes SAP's order, out comes the product and SAP has to book a goods issue, then HU based production is OK.

If SAP's production order contains all the steps and this is really followed with confirmations to trigger the next step, then you should make the cut (which comes with SAP implementation) and stay with SAP's key fields.

Regards,

Christian