cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Deduction & Revenu Account

Former Member
0 Kudos

During billing document and while using rebates I see that the revenue account has the entire amount and the discount is directed to another account.

Is it possible to direct the revenue account and the sales deduction to the same account, in this case that the discount goes directly to the revenue account.

So that I don´t have the discount in a different account an I can input the discount directly ?

Kind Regards

Edited by: David Gilberto Catalán Bahena on Dec 22, 2008 7:41 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear David,

This happen through assignment of G/L account in the VKOA transaction.

The values(Revenue or Descount or Discount)will transfer to the perticuler G/L account through account key which is assigned in the pricing procedure.

For example:- ERL account key used to transfer the sale revenue

ERS account key used to tranfer the deductions(Discount)

Normally sales reveune and sales discounts will be posted to the different G/L accounts as per FI requirement.In this scenerio different G/L accounts will be assigned to the ERL and ERS account keys in VKOA transaction.

Based on this combunation sales value will posted to the accounting

Condition typeChart of AccountsSales OrgCustomer account assignment groupMaterial account assignment groupAccount keyG/L account.

For example Revenue G/L account is 550000 and Discount G/L account is 560000

Account determination can be done like this

For sales revenue.

1.Condition typeChart of AccountsSales OrgCustomer account assignment groupMaterial account assignment groupERL550000

For sales dicount

2.Condition typeChart of AccountsSales OrgCustomer account assignment groupMaterial account assignment groupERL560000

But in your case you are asking sales revenue and sales discount to be posted to single G/L account in this secenerio you need to assign same G/L account(i.e Revune G/L account) for both ERL and ERS account keys in VKOA transaction.

You need assign like this

For sales revenue

1.Condition typeChart of AccountsSales OrgCustomer account assignment groupMaterial account assignment groupERL550000

For sales dicount

2.Condition typeChart of AccountsSales OrgCustomer account assignment groupMaterial account assignment groupERS550000.

Note:- Before going to post these two values in to the same G/L account you need get conformation from FI people.Because this is not advaisable in accounting point of view.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Edited by: Murali Mohan.Tallapaneni on Dec 22, 2008 9:24 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

The question also is because when I add a discount the sales revenue should decrease since I´m applying a discount.

So I suppose that at the end the Amount charged to the customer and the sales revenue should be the same.

Is there a condition type that can apply the disccount without dividing in two accounts, if it´s so bad to do that which could be the consequence ?

Kind Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is what I want = )

2000000260 CUSTOMER 12938.32

4000010100 SALES -6771.87

2190040000 OTHER -6572.76

4000500100 DEDUCTIONS 406.31

I want that SALES = -6365.56 (-6771.87 + 406.31)

Answers (0)