cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRD Server not connected.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi friends,

when try to connecting PRD server --- its not connected.

it shows the error message Network Partner broken

ERROR text: WSAECONNRESET : Connection reset by PEER

counter 1 .

In command prompt i checked the ping connection for PRD server, The PRD server IP is pinging.

Plz provide solutions &i need to know this is a network problem or BASIS problem.

Regards,

K.S.Kannan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try restarting the SAP instance and see if yo are able to connect. If yes then does the problem reoccur after sometime.

What does dev_ms file say?

...Anand

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue solved

Rgds,

Kannan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kannan,

Communication between the front end and R/3 server takes places only using the TCP/IP protocol. TCP/IP is a connection-oriented protocol that permits a certain amount of error tolerance.

This prevents minor errors in the network affecting SAP applications.If the TCP/IP stack identifies

a problem in the communication that cannot be resolved, the existing connection is closed and an error

message transmitted to the application.

The message'10054: WSAECONNRESET : Connection reset by peer' from the TCP/IP stack has the following meaning in this case:

An existing connection is terminated by the partner system. This message is usually generated if the application is stopped suddenly on the partner system, the host restarted or a "Hard Close" used.

Please check the Note 155147.

Regards

Krishna Vanga

Former Member
0 Kudos

First question, is SAP up and runing?

Are you in a LAN or a WAN?

Is PRD server behind a firewall?

What OS is runing SAP?

mohammed_anish
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Kannan,

We had a similar issue when connecting to SAP using SAP Gui. I solved this issue by adding a route (persistent) to the SAP server network. I had to do this because I used to have a different gateway to connect to internet. I'm not sure if it is the case with you.

use the command routeadd -p <destination> MASK <net mask> <gateway>

And see if it solves your problem.

Thanks and Regards,

Anish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check note 155147 and 413330.

Cheers