Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DateNavigator

p_2_5_6_9_6_0
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm using a DateNavigator and trying to highlight the dates in individual colours.

1.) The documents on help.sap.com indicate that I am supposed to change the colours using the WDTableCellDesign class since the older WDDateMarking is deprecated.

2.) I cant seem to do that since the "category" property can only be bound to WDDateMarking types.

3.) Also, when I bind the appropriate WDDateMarking type to the context - there is no effect on the screen - I cannot see any colour changes - Are themes involved somewhere?

4.) Just to Add - on binding the category in the context to the Marking UI Element - I get the Messge to select "DateMarkingCategory" which is non-existent. WDDateMarkingCategory exists but we cannot bind that to the Marking UI Element.

Is there a tutorial for 04S on using DateNavigator and highlighting dates? Or a way to solve this problem?

Please help.

Thanks.

p256960.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

p_2_5_6_9_6_0
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Marking this as answered - I guess this is not possible or is a know issue with the DateNavigator in the 04S platform.

Thanks.

p256960

Former Member
0 Kudos

In this case the following help document helped me...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/4a/05ad3e1d1edc61e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

have you read this ?

Thanks and Regards

shanto aloor

p_2_5_6_9_6_0
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've understood from the link you've provided how I can set the Background Color and I have modified my code. However, Even after creating the context and the elements and setting the values in the View wdDoInit() I am not seeing any changes on the screen.

The simple normal date navigator is shown on screen.

My Code for the Init():

IPrivateCalendarAppView.IDatasourceNode node = wdContext.nodeDatasource();
    IPrivateCalendarAppView.IDatasourceElement element;

for(int i=13;i<23;i++){

element = node.createDatasourceElement();
		element.setDate(new java.sql.Date(2008,12,i));

if(i%2 == 0){
			element.setDaysemantics(WDTableCellDesign.CRITICALVALUE_DARK);
			element.setTooltip("Leave Day!!! :)");
		}
		node.addElement(element);	
    }

Just to add: My View Element Layout is as follows:

Root

|--->DateNavigator

|---> Marking

Any further suggestions?

Thanks,

p256960.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Bind the property firstSelectedDate of the date navigator to Context node which contain beginDate

And lastSelectedDate of the date navigator to Context node which contain end date

and Property SelectioMode to range.

Try this,

Regards,

H.V.Swathi

p_2_5_6_9_6_0
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Setting the first and last date selected only highlights the dates in the default "orange"ish colour.

How do I random dates as a certain colour using the Marking element?

Do I need to call setMarking() for DateNavigator?

Thanks.

p256960

p_2_5_6_9_6_0
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Another Symptom I am noticing is that the Legend is using category property correctly and changes colour.

However, the TableCellDesign property is not used correctly by the Marking element.

Any more information on how to solve this issue?

Thanks.

p256960.