Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWA On solution manager 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to configureb ewa from solution manager 7 to satelite systems

Do i need a working connection from the solution manager to sap (saposs rfc connection)?

because of security regulations the solution manager can't be connected to sap

Is this a must requirement?

Regards,

Moshe

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI moshe,

You do need an rfc connection from solution manager to the satellite system because for EWA to be operational the seession data of the satellite system has to be sent to the SAP through solution manager.

regards,

Dhiraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

because of security regulations - connection to sap is blocked

since i'm connecting dev and qa satelite systems to the solution manager - i do not need to send them to sap - but do i need for the initial configuration a connection to sap or not?

Regards,

Moshe

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think for sending the session data of the remote system to sap u need a working SAPOSS connection, but if u have succefully configured sddccn services on the remote system then at any time when ur oss connection is up u can cofigure sdcc in solution manager and send EWA data to sap.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The point is i don't want to send to sap

i want my solution manager system to handle all ewa reports of my satelite systems witout sending to sap

can it be done?

does the initial configuration requires a connection to sap or can it be done without a connection?

Regards,

Moshe

Former Member
0 Kudos

initial configuration can be done withour saposs connection.

regards,

Dhiraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If both the Solman and Satellite system do not have connection to SAP, it is still operational for EWA features, but I would advice you to allow the connection when you are doing the configuration and after you have done the configuration, you can disconnect it.

Cheers