cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want some suggetions from all of u experts.

I am uploading customer masters for my client there are total 200 customers

I am uploading through BDC

whatever list i am uploading it is just for one sales area

but there are another 20 sales areas

I want to know that whether should i upload it for all sales area or we tell to the client that we are

uploading it for one sales area and you have to extend it whenevr u required it for other sales are

What is the best practise pls suggest me & what will be more usful BDC or LSMW in that case??

Regards,

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can extend customers to other sales areas through BDC or LSMW.

As you said you already using BDC, again do the recording for VD01 (only sales area data). enter same customer number and enter new sales area.

Prepare a flat file, maintain customer number sales area and other data, repeat the entries for other sales areas also in same flat file. ( no need to maintain general data, general data will be same for other sales areas also)

Just you want to extend customers to other sales areas (Not changing pricing and other info). You can follow Srinath suggestions. But IF you are changing other info apart from the sales area, you have to do rerecording.

Regards,

Chandra

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you are already using BDC, you can extend the customer masters to all the sales areas.

Regards,

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi rahul

You can upload CMR through BDC or LSMW , You have to upload the customers in all 20 sales areas if you dont maintain common dist.channels and common divisions. But as you have 20 sales area's then you make the common distribution channels and common divisions and upload the data in which you have maintained as common . Say you are maintaining the common sales area of 1000/10/10 then you upload the data through BDC or LSMW for all the 200 customers .Now if the customer is there in another sales area 1000/14/14. also then later on you can extend that customer to that sales area

Regards

Srinath