cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test Java Webdynpro on LOCAL PC???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have looking in the forum and cannot find exactly what I am looking for. I would like to create and TEST the Java Webdynpros I create on my local PC. I have seen some of the links in the other posts but they all seem to point to the Composition Environement.

I obvioulsy need a J2EE server to deploy to.....can someone please provide me with the URL and steps needed to get me started do I can easily test locally?

Thanks for the help

Lynton

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sureshmandalapu6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lynton Grice ,

You must have the WAS server to deploy and test the WebDynpro application in your system.

Regards,

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Thanks for the response, can you give me the URL where I can download the one I need?

Thanks again

Lynton

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lynton,

To execute your WenDynpro Java application, you need a web application Server to deploy it.

Since it is a WebDynpro Java, you need SAP Web Application Server or WAS. Composition Environment or CE is nothing but the WAS which you can install in your stand alone system and you can use your local machine as Client and Server. Prior to install the WAS, you need to install JAVA 1.4.2_xx or higher. The link to download the Trial Version of CE is given below.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/nw-ce-downloads

Thanks and Regards,

Vivek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help, I guess I was just confused as to whether I could use the CE to do Webdynpro testing....

Thanks

Lynton

0 Kudos

Lynton,

To install and run SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment 7.1 SR5 successfully, you'll need SUN JDK 1.5.0_11 (or higher). JDK 1.4.2_xx was applicable for earlier versions.

Please see the [installation guide|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/10fc0059-c51c-2b10-9486-d329a62ae92f] for steps and any further queries.

Vishwas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help, much appreciated

Lynton

Answers (0)