cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Livecache didnot start

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have a APO SCM 5.0 run on one server and Livecache 7.6 run on another server. The platform is AIX 5.3 on Oracle 10g databse for APO SCM 5.0 and Livecache 7.6 running separately on AIX 5.3 on sapdb.

We have Diaster Recovery set up where Disk to Disk Mirroring using Global Mirror Technology is implemented. In an effort to DR test, we tried to bring up sap and oracle in DR site and the sequence is startsap on APO followed by starting livecache.

The sap and oracle on SCM 5.0 came up without errors and when trying to start the Livecache from the SCM 5.0 server( the way Source system is set up), i got the following error.

Point to note, saplicense was not installed in SCM 5.0 due to bringing up system first time and also temp license is not accepted(separate issue).

at the sap<SID> prompt, i issued livecache start and the result is below:

sap<SID> livecache start

12798 NISERVER NI Support started

WNG 12453 NISSLSRV NISSL Init: SSL:Could not locate license file

12902 XSERVER started ,'X64/AIX 7.6.03 Build 008-123-159-187'

waiting for 2 minutes for clearance

RFC Call/Exception: SYSTEM_FAILURE

Group Error group 104

Key RFC_ERROR_SYSTEM_FAILURE

Message Logon not possible (error in license check)

System not startup, check the system

My questions are:

1) What does the RFC error Signify?

2) Does the SCM not able to connect to Livecache system? and inturn not able to start Live cache? But X_server is started.

Or is it checking for valid license in SCM server or Livecache server ? and the complain that saplogon not possible is for which system?

Or is it a Livecache DB startup error?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should not start the livecache from the command line. Start it from the SCM server using LC10 and check the knldiag file for any errors.

Cheers