cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retreiving objects from memory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is their any way in XI that I can use certain variable in a certain mapping at any point of time and then retreive that variable through a different mapping at a different point of of time.XI Speaks about Container object but when I try to retrieve the container object it gives null.I even tried using the same mapping using the Function library concept where same mapping is available for the entire Software Component.

Secondly I tried using HashMap/HashTable But for some reason the object returns null when i try to retrieve it and hence needs instantaiation.Since XI uses stateless bean to do mapping so is it possible that it removes every object it created in that class.

Is there any way I can get the variable as a global variable in memory and can retrieve the variable at any different point of time.The varibale should be null only when my class chnages or JVM is started.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>Is their any way in XI that I can use certain variable in a certain mapping at any point of time and then retreive that variable through a different mapping at a different point of of time.

yes - with ABAP and XSL on ABAP mappings

with those two you can simple use ABAP memory and store anything there

anything else will only read

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/9f/db9df735c111d1829f0000e829fbfe/content.htm

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mike,

Thanks for the info,appreciate that.But my program is entirely on java stack and making a program on abap stack and making JCO call every time between java and Abap makes it more resource intensive.

Is there any way we can make a global variable on java stack either using java or message mapping.

Basically I have 2 different transactions and i want to take the value from one transaction into other.

What I found out all the container or global container is good only for same transaction .If Transaction(mapping) is completed everything is lost.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Global Container:This object enables you to cache the values that you want to read again when you next call any user-defined function in the same message mapping,not in different mappings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As part of PI7.1, in graphical mapping parameter has been introduced which wil be used as a variable. and is used in the same mapping program only...

You might use global container to use it in another mapping

Regards,

Sreenivas.