cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canceling cleared bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to ask is it standard to be able to cancel cleared bills? and how to stop this?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mostafa

Yes it is quite possible.

Go to VTFL, select the item category for the combination of your delivery type and billing type and maintain Routine 29 for the field "Copying Requirements". By having this routine, if the Accounting Document is cleared, then you cannot cancel the billing document.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Right, I think that the correct place for the routine 29 though is the invoice type's cancellation subscreen in VOFA. Otherwise it would not be effective for the cases where there's no delivery.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Lakshmipathi,

do you mean VTFL or VTFF?? i think you mean VTFF (from F2 to S1)

right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

Can you please give me more details...I tried it in VTFF (F2-S1) but it didn't work, I tried it in VTFL (LF-F2) and it didn't work !!!

Thanks

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is transaction code VTFF. Also give the routine 29 at the header level requirement field instead of item level field.

Regards,

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mostafa

Sorry it should have been at header level in VTFL where you can see a field "Copying requirements".

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deat Lakshmipathi,

I treid it in VTFL (LF-F2 Header), but i still can cancel the bill!!!

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mostafa

Can you reconfirm that after clearing the Accounting Document (incoming payment updated), still you were able to cancel the billing document ??

For information, if the Accounting Document status is "Not cleared", then you can cancel the invoice.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

Yea i confirm that i first clear the bill from F-28 and then i check the Accounting document status from the bill document flow to find it Cleared

Would you please confirm the changes should be in VTFL_LF-F2 (Header)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is VTFF. Is your billing document order related or delivery related?

If it is order related, then you need to check S1 <- F1 at header level.

Or if you use customized like Z-billing document type, check against those document types in VTFF.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Finally it worked when i put the copying requirements in the Document Type not in copying control.

Thanks for your help.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In customization of billing types,

SAP Customizing Implementation Guide | Sales and Distribution | Billing |

Billing Documents | Define Billing Types | Define Billing Types

select ur billing type, click magnify glass , there is one tab "cancellation".There you can find the respective cancellation type.Remove this data ,then you cannot cancel invoice generated for your billing type.

to make double sure in copy control, VTFF remove all cancellation billing type to billing document type controls(not advisable to remove standards).

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is standard that cleared invoices can be cancelled.