cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error b/n company & controlling area currency In PS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru

My business scenariois like One controlling area & 2 company code with different currency

is as follow

controlling area currency is USD

First company code currency is IDR

second company currency is EUR

i'm planning to run the project WRT controlling area currency .but when ever i'm going to give the profit center & company code in the project it will take comany code currence even i conf tha profile WRT controlling area currency . pl let me know how to go head with controlling area currency

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

IF your are taking about the Project currency than seems that this is standard behaviour of system.

The system defaults the currency from the project definition as the object currency for each newly created WBS element.

You can change the object currency for a WBS element in the organizational data for the WBS element, provided no costs or payments have been posted yet in the WBS element.

Dependencies

Note the following when you change the object currency for a WBS element:

If the controlling area and company code have the same currency, then you can specify an object currency for the work breakdown structure which is different. This currency becomes the project currency.

If the controlling area and company code have different currencies, the company code currency is the project currency.

Regards

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

If the controlling area and company code have different currencies, the company code currency is the project currency...........................

..............u have explained excellent.

Regards

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh.........

but when ever i'm going to give the profit center & company code in the project it will take comany code currence even i conf tha profile WRT controlling area currency . .............

...It means u have changed in Project profile...curr.

...here profitcenter is assigned with company code....u can see in TCode ke53.

....In company code config....the curr may be IDR.

......so the system is picking IDR.

..experts plz correct me if im wrong.

Regards

Chandra