cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible impact of editing the "Long Name"of Country in country settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a customer requirement (from the Marketing Department) seeking to edit the "Long name" (Description aginst the field "Long name") of the country in the general country settings. What would be the possible imlications of doing this change?

From my point of view, I understand that this will have a global effect across all modules.

For eg:Will there be any impact in FI ( like bank to bank transfer) by doing this change.i.e. will FI transcations in anyway be affected.

I would like to know whether there would be any major impact , if not, I can go ahead with this change in config.

Regards,

Zahid

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

You are right, I am talking about description of the country only.

If you use tcode "OY01' and see the details. against say a particular country , AD (Andorra) . The settings inside will have 2 fields "Name" (Andorra) and "Long name" (Replublic of Andorra). The description against the field "Long name" needs to be edited. - Hope I am making myself clear.

Please tell me the possible implications if I change the description in config.

Thanks,

Zahid

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Daer Zahid,

You can go ahead & change the long name. I dont think there would be any impact. That is a free text feild.

But please make settings to get either Name or Long Name on the Print-outs (e.g. Invoices).

Hope this helps..

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mohamed,

As Mr.Jignesh Mehta already mentioned rightly,

I don't think it will reflect in other FI transaction you can go ahead with that.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mohamed,

Sorry,Iam not able to under stand edit the "Long name" (Description aginst the field "Long name")

Are you talking about Discription of the country if yes

For example IN ---> India how can you maintain long name for India.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.