cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call ITS services in Java program

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement to access ITS services not in a web browser, but in a Java program. The java program should simulate the web browser. The java program has to open URL connection with ITS, get the HTML page, parse the HTML tags to get the input fields and button information and send it to 3rd party program. Based on the data returned by the 3rd party program, the Java program also has to submit the data on the current HTML page and get the next HTML page.

The HTML templates used for the above requriement are generated using 'Classic' style.

The ITS used is Integrated ITS and the java program runs on Netweaver AS.

I am facing problems in opening up URL connection with ITS through java program, It gives HTTP error. But the URL is working fine in Web browser. The URL looks like

http://<sap host>:<port>/sap/<ICF service>?sap-client=100&sap-user=<user>&sap-password=<password>

Thanks & Regards,

Sudhakar

Updated:

I have found the reason for my above reported issue. The SAP system function ICF_DISPATCH is throwing dump. This system function supports only some web clients for the ICF services. It supports Internet Explorer, Mozarilla fire fox, but doesn't support Google chrome or HTTP request from Java program (my case).

I am trying to look for the source code of the system function ICF_DISPATCH. SAP documentation says that all the system functions are available in the file sapactab.h. I tried to locate the file in kernel, but couldn't find it. I searched SDN forums too, but didn't get much help.

Can somebody please advise me on how to overcome this issue.

Edited by: Sudhakar Ravuri on Dec 23, 2008 8:00 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member228142
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I recommend to read SAP note 972116 and disable the browser check. But be aware that in this environment no javascript is available. Therefore only services carefully designed will run unders these conditions. WebGUI, EWT.. will not work.

Regards,

Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Klaus,

Excellent!! The note suggested by you has solved my problem. Thanks a lot for your valuable help.

Best Regards,

Sudhakar.

Answers (0)