cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirmed quantity in sales order level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Guru,s

My client scenario is like this. He takes the order from customer. After saving the order he decides the confirmed quantity (more or less quantity)manually in order level without changing the order quantity.

I am trying in confirmed quantity in scheduline level it is in grey mode. Is it possible. Any inputs from your side please give me.

thank u very much

Regards Sree Sree

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

than u

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can think about preparing a report with the details of the (as per your requiremnt) customer numbersales orders and the percentage of reduction and percentage of increase etc., in the selection screen. A BDC should be run (in the same activity as next step) after displaying all the line items of the sales orders selected and should change the order quantities as per the percentage given in the slection screen and you should also give logic for rounding of quantites after reduction or increase.

But this will not give you an option to record the original ordered quantites. So, you should also try to incorporate the logic for creating additional line item with the balance quantities and assigning the reason for rejection.

Though it is agian a guess, I believe it is possible.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi

Recent solution is quite interesting .Plz elobarate your solution once again.

Thank u

former_member396676
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

You may try this one..

Create inquiry for the ordered quantity.

Authorized person can create sales order with reference to inquiry and enter desired quantity.

You can track original ordered quantity in inquiry.

Thanks,

Vrajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank u all I am closing this thread

Regards

Sree Sree

Edited by: sree sree on Dec 29, 2008 12:32 PM

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Your requirement sounds good...but as said by Murali it is not possible in the standard. You can look into the other options like...

Option1 : Changing the Order quantity and maintaining the original order quantity in the Texts.

Option2 : Suppose the order quantity is 100 and if the authorised person wants to confirm only 50.....then he should create another line item with 50 and changing the quantity in original line item to 50 and assigning a reason for rejection to the newly created line item for 50 quantity. A new reason can be created with meaningful description( that the quantity is rejected by the approver) and can be used for this field.

This is only a wild guess.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank u Dear Ravi for different solution

here One sales order contains 100 line items .Some times Authorisation person give the confirmation 25% less on all ordered line items quantity. In this case I have to create one more 100 line iteams Its very difficult.

Any different solution plz......

Than u

regards

Sree

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sree,

The conformed quantity will takes place based on the order quantity so you can't change the conformed quantity directly in the scheduleline data.

You can only alter the order quantity as per the requirement based on the order altered quantity again system will conform the quantity in the scheduleline data.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank u for your quick replay murali

But My client changing the confirmed quantity without changing the order quantity. Suppose he changed the order quantity how he will get to know how much quantity customer ordered.He needs report also how much customer ordered how much quantity company confirmed what is the balence quantity. This is the mandatory requirement of my client.

Any inputs..........

thank u

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sree,

You can consider Order quatity as Customer ordered quantity what is the issue.

Based on the conformed dates you can do the delivery

You can't change the conformed quantity, it is sytem defined.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Murali

Present legacy Client is following like this Customer order

Material X 100 quantity

Material Y 50 quantity

Material Z 150 quantity

In orderlevel I maintaing above all are order quantity. I am following make to stock only.system shows the confirmed quantity equal to order quantity based on the stock.

After that one authorization person changing the confirmed quantity only based on the demand of the product

Material X 50 quantity

Material Y 70 quantity

Material Z 150 quantity

And he is sending order confirmation sending to customer as a output. This output contains any changes made in what customer ordered quantity how much quantity company confirmed.

Suppose as u said If I change the order quantity after that i dont know how much quantity customer ordered.Suppose I want to confirm once again based on the customer order quantity this is not possible. this is client demand forecasting purpose also how much quantity order I am getting How much quantity I am delivering. wehich product is demand right now.

Thank u any inputs

Regards

Sree

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hai,

If i understand ur req-

In sales order- order qtty - 100,

where as in schedule lines system automatically derives the order qtty & confirmed qtty based on availability check.

if any changes, you can directly make changes in schedule line level without changing date, just enter the qtty in order qtty field. confirmed qtty will be updated according to the stock or if stock is not available one more sch.line will be displayed in next line.

as per ur client req:-

client wants to see, how much customer ordered & what is the actual delivered.

You can get this, in VBAP & LIKP tables. write a query with these 2 tables.