cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release for Sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all

i have a doubt regarding the sales order. when PO is created there will be a release strategy for that. Like same is there any release strategy for sales orders. if it is there is it a mandatory process for every sales order or exactly can anyone let me know in which cases the release process for sales order is used.

regards

rag

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Tarun,

You can set the rlease strategy for the sales order through maintaining the Status profile settings.

It is not mandatory process ,you can have this based on the business requirement.

This releasing process can be used when the client wants the specific user need to check the sales order before creation of the delivery and then release that to the delivery.

For more details about Status Profile process you can go through this SAP help

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/dd/560629545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/frameset.htm

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tarun,

There are no workflows for SO's .but you can maintain a status profile for a document type. or you shall need to go for ABAP development based on your business requirements if there are multiple levels of approval process.

Thanks

Edited by: yuvrajb v on Dec 20, 2008 6:12 PM

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tarun

Like in MM for all purchase orders there is release strategy SAP has not kept release strategy for sales orders

But SAP has kept delivery blocks and billing blocks in sals orders and logically it serves the purpose of release which is used in MM

For credit blocks the release procedures has to be done only through VKM transactions only

These blocks logically solve the purpose

Regards

Raja