cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying Vendor master data in Customer master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In our business is very common that a Vendor is also a Customer.

Is there any standard program / transaction that copies master data from Vendor to Customer master?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jose,

I don't think your request can be met. For this scenario, create vendor master & customer master separately. Then, enter the vendor code in the customer master.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

A consultant in my project provided the answer! SAP Note 513965.

Thanks all!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess I did not made myself clear, it is not a matter of linking Vendor and Customer, the issue is avoiding retyping most of master data fields which will be exactly the same.

Thanks,

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In that case you can use one of the following options;

1) You can try with transaction code MASS to update the customer and vendor master fields. or

2) You can write a CATT script or BDC program to populate the common data in the customer and vendor masters.

Regards,

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jose

First of all , it is not possible . Customer master record and Vendor Master record has to be created individually.But these two master records can be linked by assigning the vendor in CMR and customer in Vendor master record

In your business process if vendor is also a customer then while creating Vendor Master record assign the customer master record number which has been created

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think it is not possible in SAP.

Create customer master in XD01, and assign vendor number in general data>control tab.

These values will be updated in KLPA table.

This is the table for customer/vendor linking.

Regards,

Chandra

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If a single account acts as a vendor and customer then you need to create a VMR for him in XK01 and a CMR for him XD01 and note down the nos

Now in XD02 in the general data and in that control data tab there is field Vendor and you have to assign this vendor no

similarly in XK02 in the account control tab there is a customer field and you have to assign the customer no there

By doing so the accounts receivable and payable can be seen in a single screen from FIs angle

But your qn of copying VMR directly to CMR i dont think is available

It need to be done separately

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

No. Not Possible. Customer master and Vendor Master has to be created separately, but they can be linked by maintaining Customer number in Vendor Master and Vendor number in Customer Master.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka