cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FileUpload: writing path problem

0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I have a little problem with FileUpload.

When I used 'Browse' button for finding file. Path is written into Context. And I can upload selected file with using context.

but instead of using 'Browse' button, if I write path into textedit element. It doesn't work. How can I fix it.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you select on browse and select a file, the binary format of the selected file is stored in the mapped attrbute. This wont be possible when u type the same. So, the correct of way of using it is with the help of the browse button.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Bharathwaj

0 Kudos

Thank you Bharathwaj,

So, can I disable 'textedit' field?

I do not want to see an error on my page.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are u talking abt the textarea which comes along with the browse button ?

If u disable , it will disable the whole element..

If its about some seperate textedit u have created .. u sre can disable it..

Otheriwise.. u should not.. What error are u getting ????

Regards

Bharathwaj

0 Kudos

thank you I get my answer.

I could not disable textarea which comes with the browse button.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I’m having a similar problem with the <i>FileUpload element</i>, with the difference that the page doesn’t respond when I write something into the InputField <i>element</i> (that comes with the FileUpload element) without a <b>“\”</b>. In other cases I’m able to catch the exception (if it isn’t a valid path) and give a message to the user.

I understand the correct way of using the <i>FileUpload element</i> is with the help of the <i>browse button</i>, but I need to cover any mistake the user can make. Is there anything I can do?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am facing the same proble. Can you please let me know if you have a remedy or an alternative worout to get the filepath.

-Haritha.