cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reset SLDDSUSER's password to allow SLD Test from Content Admin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SDN,

I'm new to the Java side of SAP and I'm trying to set up a BI Java connection to a SAP Portal and I'm receiving error "Failed to delete JCO client connection 'BI_METADATA' on 'BIQ.SystemHome.lvrplsapbiq'"

To troubleshoot this, I followed note 983156, which states:

TEST WD JCo DESTINATIONS: If you want to check the WD JCo Destinations (http://<host>:<port>/index.html -> Web Dynpro -> Content Administrator -> Maintain Jco Destinations -> In the detailed navigation: System defined Content: BI_METADATA / BI_MODELDATA / WD_ALV_METADATA_DEST /WD_ALV_MODELDATA_DEST) with the "Test" button, make sure that the user with which you login to the Content Administrator page(e.g. j2ee_admin), has the RFC authorization on ABAP side (Role: SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION, Profile: S_BW_RFC and S_BI-WX_RFCA). Otherwise the test will fail, because SSO is used.

However, when I enter the Content Administrator to try to test the above, the "Maintain JCo Destinations" button is greyed out and all I can do is "Check SLD connection", which fails because it uses the wrong password for user SLDDSUSER.

Please tell me how to change the password the the above check uses so that I can re-run the check with the correct password.

Any ideas?

Many thanks,

Arwel.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your UME is ABAP, you can reset user in ABAP system through SU01 in client "001". if the Java DB then login to Useradmin page in through http://<hostname>:<port>/useradmin. login as administrator and reset user.

hope this helps,

Kalyan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can reset it in SU01 of Cleint 001

But after that you have to change in SLD Data Supplier in Visual admin also, otherwise, it will again get locked

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan and Balaji,

Our SLD sits on the BI Development (BID) system and the problem we're having occurs when we try to install BI Java on the BI Test (BIQ) system. BI Java works fine on BID, but the installation is failinbg on BIQ with error "Failed to delete JCO client connection 'BI_METADATA' on 'BIQ.SystemHome.lvrplsapbiq'". I think the problem is down to BIQ not being able to connect to the SLD on BID, that's what note 983156 suggests.

As per your advice, I have reset user SLDDSUSER's password in SU01 (ABAP) and also in the SLD Data Supplier and CTC areas of Visual Administrator (VA) on the BI Development box. I've alsoe reset the user's password in the CTC area of VA on the BI Test system.

Unfortunately, the connection test to the SLD (on BID) from BIQ's Content Administrator still fails and user SLDDSUSER still locks out after three failed connection tests. this confirms that BIQ is trying to connect to the right SLD, but I do not know where else it can get its SLDDSUSER password from. I have reset it everywhere that I know it can be reset.

Do you know of anywhere else that the Content Administrator may be getting a password for SLDDSUSER? I have tried to reset the password in <host>:<port>/useradmin, but my own account only has read-only access to that. Also, how do I tell whether UME is ABAP or Java?

Thanks,

Arwel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

May be it can be a reason that SLDUSER is used for configuration in many locations.

You have to run a trace to find out if it isused in anyother locations

Do the following

1. Note down the current time and regenerate the error

2. Wait for 20 mins

3. Read the latest default trace file of java and see if you are able to get information of SLDUSER of where it is locked

this might help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to your explanation i assume that SLD is configured on BID i.e. Development Box and now your are install BI Java on BIQ system want to use SLD of BID system.

Work around for your issue.

1. Check whether your BIQ is configured in BID SLD.

click Technical systems --> check for BIQ if not there then create under "New Technical System"

2. Go to visual Admin (BIQ) --> Server --> Services --> SLD Data Supplier

2. On the right side pane click Runtime under that you will find HTTP Settings Tab in that give BIQ system details accordingly.

3. Click CIM Client Generation Settings Tab and give BIQ system details.

Now "Trigger data transfer to SLD" option if you get any error please post the same.

--Kishore