cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using File/FTP Adapter to write files from directory A to directory B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have this problem. I am having problems using the FTP adapter to move files from one unix directory to another using PI. The PI server is on hpus045 and the unix server is on hpus03.

The files get picked up from the unix directory A and the queue gets stopped. When I look in Monitor for XML messages Processed in ABAP i see the queue stopped. When I activate the queue it begins to process the error and I get this error when I view the message:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>

- <!-- Call Adapter

-->

- <SAP:Error xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" SOAP:mustUnderstand="">

<SAP:Category>XIServer</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="INTERNAL">UNAUTHORIZED</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1>401</SAP:P1>

<SAP:P2>Unauthorized</SAP:P2>

<SAP:P3>(See attachment HTMLError for details)</SAP:P3>

<SAP:P4 />

<SAP:AdditionalText />

<SAP:Stack />

<SAP:Retry>M</SAP:Retry>

</SAP:Error>

I have read/write permissions on the unix server. when I connect to the unix server using FTP open from command prompt I can move files from directory A to directory B.

Any idea what the problem is? Need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oko

the file name and directory name which you have given in your channel settings, must have read, write and modify rights.than only you will be able to acces the files ans scenario wil work for you

right click on the folder and under the tab properties modify the permission on the folders

give your user as full access on the folder and also on the file

Regards

sandeep

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oko,

I believe this has more to do with your ABAP not able to talk to Java.

You can check the file and directory permissions but do also check Pooja's replies.

Are any other scenarios working?

Regards,

Balaji.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using FTP for both sender and receiver?

Otherwise be aware that XI uses suer <SID>adm to access the unix file system

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes. so what should i do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi oko

You need to get your FTP user (Used in Communication channels) and <SID>adm with proper access permissions. most preferably 777. This will solve your issue.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you please elaborate?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oko

First of all to read the file and write to FTP location. We use to provide user in communication channel. That user needs to have (read/write/modify) (777) access permissions for the directory you are doing FTP.

Secondly PI use to pick files and delivery file as <SID>adm user eg XD1adm this user also need to set to the same user group as FTP user used in CC.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI..

Have a look at this blog :

3) Error: HTTP_RESP_STATUS_CODE_NOT_OK 401 Unauthorized

Description: The request requires user authentication

Possible Tips:

u2022 Check XIAPPLUSER is having this Role -SAP_XI_APPL_SERV_USER

u2022 If the error is in XI Adapter, then your port entry should J2EE port 5<System no>

u2022 If the error is in Adapter Engine

u2013then have a look into SAP note- 821026, Delete the Adapter Engine cache in transaction SXI_CACHE Goto --> Cache.

u2022 May be wrong password for user XIISUSER

u2022 May be wrong password for user XIAFUSER

u2013 for this Check the Exchange Profile and transaction SU01, try to reset the password -Restart the J2EE Engine to activate changes in the Exchange Profile After doing this, you can restart the message

Thanks,

Pooja