cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability checking with date limits : Confirm Orders with a date range

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SD Gurus,

I have a unique requirement for availability checking. My client receives Purchase Orders from

Customers much in advance . So there are orders that need to be delivered after six or seven months.

The issue here is these orders get allocated from the available inventory. So , when new orders which come later that need to be delivered next week are not getting allocated due to unavailability of inventory.

Is there any way we can confirm orders only upto a certain date range . That is when availabilty checking is performed, confirm only orders whose requested delivery date is within 30 days.

Please think about this requirement and reply

Thanks and Regards

Tom

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Tom

In normal circumstances, you can make delivery of a sale order that is created recently when already there is an open order which was created before this.

To achieve this, go to material master MRP3 view and see what is maintained for the field "Availability Check". Most probably, it would have been 02. So now go to OVZ9, select the combination of "02 / A" and execute. There untick the field "Include Sales reqmts".

Now try the same process by creating a sale order first and save. Again create another sale order for the same material and create delivery. Post the outcome.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmi,

Thanks for this suggestion. Let me try this , unchecking the sale requirements .

My requirement is slightly different. I have item lines for future days with very distant future days, say Sept 10 2009 and it is been confirmed against my existing inventory .

Then, I received new order today from another customer for 100 pcs that has to be delivered next week Dec 31 2008. Since the stock is already allocated to the old order , the new order is unconfirmed.

Our requirement is not to do any confrmation for orders with requested delivery date beyond certain days, say 60 days.

Tom, US

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all this is very surprising requirement that your customer is sending you a PO and delievery is expected after 6 months !!!

Anyways, I can propose you three options as below:

- Think about using Scheduling Agreement

- Un-confirm the sales order quantity for which delivery date is 6 months in future.

- Rescheduling

One more thing I need to ask is that, are you able to see the qty as confirmed in CO09 for this order ?

Hrishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rishi for the quick response.

You are right . It could have been easier if we manage it through scheduling agreement.

But we are using contract sales orders here, with each line item for a different delivery date.

We can see the orders confirmed on CO09 .